Chapter 46

Saad's pov:

What are we supposed to do when we realise that our doom is near and we have no chance of escaping it? That was my first thought the moment we got to know that bhabi called about an hour ago. Oh and she got to know about our 'emergency' and what we were doing all along. But I think even that wasn't the worst part yet.

Alayna had informed us happily that the way bhabi told her not to disturb us sweetly was so nice. I think that, was the worst part. I mean, what could be worse than knowing that she didn't even get angry at us or ask her to hand over the phone to bhai or me and yell at us but just stayed calm? It's called the calm before the storm. And we should have been ready for it from the start.

But alas, here we were! Pacing around the room trying to call bhabi, but she wouldn't pick up her call. As bhai tried to call for the umpteenth time, I paced in front of the bed, eyeing the kids as they continued to giggle while running around. They seriously didn't have any worries, right? But I couldn't even blame them. They weren't the one who planned to lie and come here to watch the match.

"Yaar chote! Zara calls nahi utha rahi hai. Ab kya karu mai?" Popping his head in the room with stress lines visible on his forehead, he asked me, worried.

(God! Zara isn't picking up my calls. What should I do now?)

"Pata nahi bhai. Unlog abhi bhi wahi honge kya?" I asked uncertainly, being confused myself.

(I don't know. Will they still be there?)

"I doubt that. Bohot der ho gai hai uski call aaye hue. And wo log to yaha bhi nahi aaye. To pata nahi kaha gaye honge." He replied while shaking his head in concern.

(I doubt that. It has been so long since she called. And they didn't even come here. So I have no idea where they might have gone.)

"Bhai sab aapki galti hai. Aapne apna phone apne paas kyu nahi rakha?" I complained with a groan. If he would have kept his mobile with him, then maybe we wouldn't have been in such a big mess.

(It's all your fault. Why didn't you keep your phone with you?)

"Chotu tumhe bhi pata hai ke mere mobile ki battery khatam ho gayi thi. Lekin tumhare mobile me to battery thi na, to tumne kyu nahi rakha?" He retorted with a sigh while checking something on his phone.

(You also know that my battery died. But your mobile had charging, right? So why didn't you keep your mobile with you?)

"Bhai aapko bhi pata hai ke maine wo mobile bacchon ko kyu diya tha. To it's not my fault either!" I replied in a tired voice.

(You also know why I gave my mobile to kids. So it's not my fault either!)

"Haa, wo bhi hai. Aur yaar inn bacchon ko aur koi kaam nahi hai kya? Yaha hamari zindagi line par lagi hui hai aur ye log khel rahe hai!" He whined, staring at them with a scowl.

(Yeah, you are right. And man, don't these kids have any other work? Here my life is on line and they are playing!)

"You can't blame them either bhai. Inn sab me unki kya galti hai?" Shaking my head, I replied dejectedly.