Chapter 87, Part 2

Atifa's pov:

Nervous. That was what I was feeling since the time he told me about talking to his parents. I mean, no doubt we were married and they already knew about us, but still. It was going to be the first time that I was going to talk to them after they got to know about our marriage, like- personally.

"Why are you so restless?" Without looking up from his laptop, he asked me.

"I'm not. I just..."

"What happened?" Before I could complete, he asked me again, not buying my excuse.

"It's nothing..." Shaking my head, I mumbled quietly while continuing to pace beside the bed.

"Atifa." Finally looking up, he interjected sternly.

"I'm fine. It's just that I don't know what to talk about to your parents…" I finally told him with my brows furrowed. I was stressed.

"God why are you stressing about it so much?! Just answer their questions okay? They wouldn't be interviewing you, don't worry." Exhaling loudly, he kept his laptop aside.

"Hopefully…"

"Dekho, unki call bhi aa gayi." Pointing towards his laptop, he replied.

(Look, their call is coming.)

"Tell them I slept!" Before he could accept the call, I mumbled anxiously.

"Seriously Atifa?!" He looked at me incredulously without accepting the call with his finger on the laptop. When I didn't look away, he sighed with a shake of his head. "I'm not telling them anything like that." And accepting the call, he smiled cheerfully. "Assalamualaikum baba."

"Walikumussalam. Atifa kaisi hai?" It was a video call! Ya Allah! Why couldn't they have just called us instead? 'But isn't it sweet that the first thing he asked was about you instead of his own son?' My mind chirped happily, making me more nervous.

(How is Atifa?)

"Alhamdulillah theek hai. Aap kaise hai?"

(She is fine. How are you?)

"Alhamdulillah mai to bilkul theek hu. Kaha hai wo abhi?" At his reply, I walked away from the bed while biting my lips. I wasn't ready to face him yet.

(I'm perfectly fine. Where is she?)

"Yahi par hai. Aao Atifa." Looking up, Saad indicated to me to sit beside him.

(She is here. Come Atifa.)

"Uska khayal rakh rahe ho na?"

(You are taking care of her, right?)

"Jee baba, mai uska khayal rakh raha hu." He turned his attention back to him before replying.

(Yeah dad, I'm taking care of her.)

"Mujhe ye baat Atifa se sunni hai." He replied sternly, making me bite my lips in nervousness. He was so sweet. But- but where was his mom? Why wasn't she there on the call with them? Was she still-

(I want to hear it from Atifa.)

"Apne bete par bhi thoda bharosa kar lijiye aap." He whined with a frown, making me smile slightly as I finally made my way towards the bed. I couldn't think about anything anymore. It was going to give me a headache!

(Have some faith in your son.)

"As- assalamualaikum uncle… Aap kaise hai?" Sitting beside Saad with a small smile, I asked him nervously.