Chapter 15

Atifa's pov :

"I told you to sit straight and don't move. Warna I won't be able to do your hairstyle correctly." Emaan chided, getting annoyed, a frown adorning her face. Sighing while sitting straighter, I turned to look at her. (Or else)

"When I'm going to wear my hijab, what is the need for this hairstyle?" I asked her while quoting the word 'hairstyle', getting annoyed myself. I have been sitting here for the last one hour and she is still not yet done with me. She keeps saying it's almost done but I know she won't let me go so easily.

"Keep quiet and this is the last time I'm saying, don't move. Or else I might accidentally poke you with this pin or something." She replied, frustrated. "And we get married just once in our lifetime, might as well enjoy it to the fullest. So let me do it for your and your future husband's sake." She added in a teasing tone, making me glare at her. "Oh and for my sake too. It will help me practice some nice hairstyles for myself." She added with a grin as she turned me back to my old position.

"Yeah right!" I muttered but did as she told me to. I can't even watch myself until she is done with me. 'That's a rule and believe me, you will look more beautiful after you are ready and finally watch yourself!' She had exclaimed happily. Honestly, I have never heard of that rule before. But since I knew she wouldn't budge, I had agreed. But now I'm kind of regretting it because she has taken it too seriously and wouldn't even let me check how much of her work is left.

I sighed while scrolling through my mobile. Emaan chuckled, "I promise it's almost done this time, I'm just pinning the remaining pearls to your hair, then you are done."

"I don't believe your promises anymore." I mumbled and pouted like a child, making her laugh.

"Okay, don't make me laugh while I'm using pins, I might poke you." Controlling her laugh, she said with a grin.

"I wasn't joking that it made you laugh." I muttered back. We got the kids ready before Emaan started her experiment on me. Other than me, only Emaan is left to get ready. I hope ammi has already gotten ready or else we will have to nag her to do that. I don't know about him though... But why am I even thinking about him right now?

Before I could think about him or anything else, Emaan's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Tadaaa! And we are done!" She exclaimed as she let her hands fall by her side.

Sighing in relief, I looked at her gratefully. "Alhamdulillah!" I exclaimed as I started to stand up and see what she did to my poor face.

But before I could turn around to look at myself, she held my shoulders, stopping me. "Just a minute more." Grinning, she made me sit again and started taking out strands of my hair from the front, framing my face. "Okay, now go and change while I get my makeup done." Smiling sweetly, she told me.

"Yeah I'm going to do just that, but first let me see myself." Raising my eyebrow, I replied as I stood up and turned around.

I could only take a glimpse of myself when she came in front of me. "No, first change and then you can see." Instructing me sternly, she pointed towards the washroom with my dress in her hands. Before I could argue, she added, looking at me with her puppy eyes. "Please Atifa, it's getting late already and even I have to get ready. So go and change before your mom comes in and have a mini panic attack."

Groaning in frustration, I complied taking my dress from her and turned around to go to the washroom. She has a point. Ammi will literally have a mini panic attack realising we are not ready yet. A smile made its way onto my face as I realised even my washroom as a mirror. Maybe Emaan forgot about it. Grinning, I entered the washroom and closed the door quickly before she could realise it and change her mind. I turned to look at the mirror but as soon as my eyes landed on it, a frustrated groan escaped my lips. "Emaaaaannn!"