Chapter 45

Saad's pov:

"Mama I'm taking Amira with me, we might head to some resort with bhai and bhabi. And... yeah, we will have our lunch out so don't worry about it." I informed her while entering the kitchen, a small smile threatening to break out on my lips.

"Oh, okay. Only you guys are going?" Turning around, she inquired with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't know. Maybe." I replied uncertainly. I couldn't just tell her that we were taking her and Amira with us. She might get suspicious about why we would be taking her when she would get uncomfortable in spending time with me and bhai being present there.

"Then let's all go there together as a family, what say?" Her eyes lit up as she suggested that, making me internally squeeze my eyes shut. Now what was I supposed to say? 'No mama, we are going out with your younger daughter-in-law and we couldn't possibly take you with us because we wouldn't be able to fully enjoy and that, would get uncomfortable then.' My mind mocked, making me glare at it.

"Uh... let me ask bhai?" I said, which came out more like a question.

"What is the need to ask Maaz? I'm your mama here and I'm telling you, we all are going together." Narrowing her eyes at me, she told me, beaming by the end of her sentence. Ya Allah, what was I supposed to do now? We might just have to decline her and Amira, I thought.

"Okay, as you say." Gulping the lump in my throat, I forced a smile on my face. I was going to get killed if bhai and bhabi got to know about this sudden change in our plan.

"So when are we going?" Looking at me happily, she asked while joining her hands together in excitement.

"Now? I mean we were just about to get ready and leave." I replied, my mind still confused about what to do next.

"Oh. Then I should hurry and pack something for us to eat there." Turning back to one of the cabinets and opening it, she said.

"Are you ready Maria?" Just then, baba entered the kitchen, looking at something in his mobile.

"I'm going to get ready after packing something for us." She replied, getting busy in finding something.

"Huh?! What do you mean? What do you want to pack?" Pocketing his mobile, he looked at her, confused.

"Since we are going to some resort, I will just pack something to eat." She mumbled back, her mind not present here. Dejected, I was just about to leave and inform bhai when I heard baba's voice.

"Accha. And what about your appointment with that doctor which is today. And didn't you plan that we will be going to your friend's house after that? Who is going to go there?" He asked her while folding his arms and raising his brow.

(I see.)

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. It is today?" Looking at baba worriedly, she asked him with furrowed eyebrows. Baba was actually my life saviour at times like these. I should thank him for that. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I realised that this plan of her's was bound to get cancelled.

"Yes, it is today." He replied, eyeing her.

"Can't we cancel it?" She asked him hopefully. And there went my thought of her plan getting cancelled down the drain.

"No we can't Maria. Don't you remember how much we had to wait to get this appointment?" Sighing, he let his hands fall by his side as he shook his head while replying. Maybe, they wouldn't go with us after all. But what were they talking about? Was mama alright?