Chapter 81

Saad's pov:

Before I could grab the journal from her because of her inconsistent tears, an incoming call interrupted us. Sighing, I picked up the call and moved away from her, not wanting to disturb the silence surrounding us.

"Hello, Mr. Saad Ibrahim?" A feminine voice inquired from the other side.

"Yes, it's me." Confused, I replied.

"I just wanted to remind you that you were supposed to bring Miss. Atifa about half an hour ago. Can you let us know when you will be back?"

"Y- yeah, we will be back soon. Thank you." Realising it was a call from the hospital where Atifa and ammi were admitted, I replied while glancing back at her, a tired sigh escaping my lips.

Hanging up the call, I headed back to sit on the bed, wondering if we should take the journal back or leave it here. Finally looking up at me with red eyes, she inquired silently about the call.

Passing her a soft smile, I informed her. "It was a call from the hospital."

Giving me a nod, she looked back down, once again, making me sigh. "Okay give me the journal, let's go now. Bohot padh liya aaj ke liye aur tumhari ammi ki ye journal itni jaldi khatam nahi hone wali hai."

(We have read enough for today and your mom's journal isn't going to end so soon.)

"W- wait a minute. I- I don't want to read everything. M- mujhe bas last entry padhna hai." Just as I was about to grab the journal from her, she held it tightly, refusing to give it to me, a pleading look in her gaze.

(I- I just want to read the last entry.)

"But we are getting late." Frowning, I replied.

"Just a few more minutes?" She pleaded, her gaze soft and hopeful.

"Okay give it to me. Mai padhta hu." Sighing, I finally gave in.

(I will read it.)

"N- no, it's okay. I- I will read it." Shaking her head, she declined, tears still streaming down her face.

"Look at yourself before being stubborn. How are you planning on reading it when your tears can't even stop rolling down your face? And we don't have much time here, so pass me the journal." Replying sternly, I grabbed the journal from her hands, a frown adorning my face. Turning to the last entry written in this mystery world, I contemplated reading it out aloud or not.

6th March, 2018

Daniyal…

It has been quite hard since the last few days. I- I have been forgetting things and- and my reflexes are getting slower. I'm just glad that Atifa and Amira haven't found out about my condition yet.

It's hard to keep my worsening condition away from them so that's why I have been trying to work overtime for a while. But even there I'm scared of people finding out about my illness because of my forgetfulness…

Honestly, it has gotten so bad, my forgetfulness, that I couldn't even remember which day it is. I have to constantly check my mobile for the day. Even at my work, I have to keep reminders as soon as I'm assigned a work so that I don't forget about it. Even then, sometimes I get carried away because of some things or the other and forget about some things. I'm just glad that I'm not fired yet.

But I'm thinking of resigning from my work before anyone finds out anything.

And you know, even at home, I try to keep myself confined in my room as much as possible, trying my best not to get involved with our princesses much. I miss them, I miss them so much! But it's better for them to stay away from me.