Chapter 78

Saad's pov:

I looked at the woman crying in my arms, her sobs wrecking her body and making me worried. No, scratch that. I looked at the 'lady' crying in my arms. I still had my doubts about calling her a woman because I didn't want to get killed by her just yet. At least not when I just escaped ammi's shot at trying her gun at me.

Sighing, I rubbed her arm gently, wondering what ridiculous things I was even thinking about. This wasn't the time to decide whether to call her a woman or a lady!

"Accha ab bas karo. Aur kitna rogi?" Dipping my head down slightly, I quietly asked her in a murmur.

(Okay enough. How much more will you cry?)

"Until- I- I don't feel better." Sniffing, she croaked out before snuggling her face in my neck, her hands fisting my shirt.

"You need to rest too, Atifa." Running my fingers through her hair, I replied worriedly.

"I'm resting." She mumbled with a sniff while wiping a finger under her nose.

"Like this?" I asked her incredulously.

"Y- yeah. Do- do you have any problem?" Pushing herself back slightly and looking up at me through her moist lashes, she asked me.

"No, but-"

"Then let me be." Keeping her head back in my neck and tightening her hold around me, she continued to shed tears silently, making me sigh as I wrapped my arms around her, hopefully in a comforting manner.

Leaning my head back on her pillow, I let my tense muscles relax. It was a hectic day, no doubt about that, I was also tired and sleepy so it was just getting exhausting for me.

Soon enough, I could feel her body relaxing in my arms before she snuggled closer to my chest, her even breath tickling my neck, indicating to me that she was fast asleep.

Looking down at her, a small smile tugged at the corner of my lips, she was definitely a stubborn cute-

"Oh, she's asleep." A feminine voice brought me out of my thoughts, making me look up from her, startled.

"Y- yeah." Trying to adjust her slightly away from me, I replied to the nurse standing in front of us.

"I- it's okay. Let her sleep. It's the medicinal side effects." Smiling slightly, she replied while coming to stand on the other side of the bed.

"Yeah but it will be uncomfortable for her. C- can you help me lay her down?" Not being able to meet her gaze, embarrassed and suddenly feeling hot, I replied.

"Okay."

._._._. 

"You have got to be kidding me!" Bhai exclaimed incredulously, making me pull my phone away from my ear due to his high pitched voice.

"If I remember correctly, you have been using the same line every time I tell you something about us." Sighing, I told him once I was sure he wouldn't shout anything else.

"Yeah but I can't help it! Like you actually found them? Like-"

"God, aur kitna pareshaan karenge aap uss bechare ko? Wo already itna pareshaan lag raha hai. Laiye, phone mujhe dijiye." I could hear bhabi's faint voice from the background before she spoke cheerfully. "Assalamualaikum Saad!"

(God, how much are you going to annoy the poor guy? He already seems so tense. Give me your phone.)

"Waalaikumussalam bhabi. Aap kaisi hai?" Shifting from one feet to another, I replied while looking around at the hospital lawn.