Chapter 43

Atifa's pov:

"But ammi, today is Sunday. Where are you going? Don't you have a holiday today?" I asked her, a confused frown taking over my face.

"No. I have a holiday on Tuesday." She replied, her eyes on her laptop as she completed her last minute work.

"But that's... odd..." I mumbled, still unable to believe that fact. "When will you be back?" I inquired, worried.

"The usual time." She mumbled, typing something away. Who even asks their workers to work on Sunday? That was just so weird. And that too not even half day but full day.

"Oh... Should I pack lunch-" I couldn't help but be concerned about her. I mean, it wasn't normal for people to head to work on a holiday, especially if the place was a bit far.

"Can't you just keep quiet for a while? I'm in no mood to talk right now!" She interrupted me, her voice harsh and angry.

"Sorry." I muttered, hurt. Maybe she was starting to get irritated by me. I shouldn't have bothered her when she was working, I pondered.

"Just leave me alone." She replied, annoyance clear in her voice.

"Okay..." I mumbled.

"Ammi!" Just as I was about to head into the kitchen, I heard Amira's voice as she ran into the room. 

"What?!" She thundered, finally turning her eyes away from her laptop and towards her. 

"Saad bhaijaan-" My eyes widened slightly as I heard her mention his name. What… Was she going to say? Was she going to tell her that he came by or something? 

"Don't take his name in front of me. I don't want to hear anything about him." Ammi interrupted her before she could even complete her sentence, making me frown. I… Was just wondering, more like guessing until now that he could be the reason for this behaviour of her's. But… Was he actually the reason behind us leaving? But why? I- I mean, she got us married, right? I can't- I don't- I just… 

WHAT WAS THE MATTER?! 

"But-" Amira tried to say something, a frown forming on her face as she continued to stare at ammi. 

"What did I say? Did you not hear me? Just… Just leave me alone!" She snapped, now glaring at her, her face turning pink due to anger. Exhaling loudly and squeezing her eyes shut, she turned to face her laptop once again. 

I saw Amira's face fell as she got upset, her gaze lingered on ammi for a while before flickering in my direction. Nodding my head solemnly, I motioned for her to go inside. Turning her gaze back at ammi, she glared at her before running back to our room. Letting out a shuddering breath, I headed back into the kitchen. Nothing made sense! And it was driving me insane! 

._._._.

"I was having a walk around here when I saw your mom going out so I thought of dropping by." Bhabi told me, coming inside.

"Accha kiya ke aap aa gai. We were getting bored anyway and I didn't know what to do." I replied while closing the door before making my way towards the couch.

(It's good that you came by.)

"Accha, to ab we can enjoy!" She said happily while sitting on the couch. "Waise where did she go?" She questioned, a frown on her face.

(I see, so now we can enjoy!)
(By the way)

"Work." I replied, sitting down.

"Kyu? Aaj chutti nahi hai?" She inquired, confused.