Chapter 44

Atifa's pov:

"What do you think about these?" Bhabi asked me, waving a packet of chips.

"Bhabi!" I whined, knowing she will buy it anyway.

"Okay okay, sorry!" She laughed, dropping that packet in the trolly before adding. "Let's get the groceries first."

"Yeah." I muttered while looking round, trying to find where Amira and Alayna were. I spotted them in one of the aisles, with the boys, fighting over...

What? What were they arguing about over here? Shaking my head at their antics, I nudged bhabi before motioning with my head towards them.

"They are all crazy. Inka kahi par bhi shuru ho jaata hai. Pata nahi ab konsi cheez ke piche pad gaye hai." She muttered while shaking her head, making me smile slightly.

(They start anywhere. I don't know what they are arguing about now.)

"Bhabi shukr hai hum unke saath nahi khade hue hai." I murmured, suppressing my giggle.

(Thank God we aren't standing with them.)

She chuckled before replying. "Sahi kaha. Ab chalo yaha se chalein before they spot us and come over to ask us to be the 'empire' of their argument." I shook my head at her commentary, loving the mini show. But she had a point, we should get moving.

(You are right. Now let's get going from here before they spot us and come over to ask us to be the 'empire' of their argument.)

We were picking a few vegetables to take home when he rushed towards us with bhai. A frantic look on their faces with kids trailing them. What was the matter now? What did they do? Or better yet, do they actually want us to be an empire for their argument? Even thinking about it bubbled up a laugh in me.

"Uh... There is an emergency..." Bhai huffed, making us look at them, confused. What were they talking about? Oh my God, no! Did, by any chance, they saw ammi around here and were here to inform us about it?

"What happened?" I inquired, scared of their response.

"We have to go now!" He replied frantically while looking at us with wide eyes.

"Okay, but where? Pehle batao to kya hua." Bhabi asked them, keeping the vegetables in her hand back.

(First tell us what happened.)

"Oh I mean, we have to go now. Not you guys. I mean... it's not that important... You both can stay here and buy whatever you want, but I will have to go back with Saad." He replied, stuttering while gesturing towards himself and him.

"O- okay... And what about kids?" She asked, just as confused as me if not more.

"Uh..." He glanced at bhai before glancing at their mischievous smiles. "Don't worry about them, we will take them with us." He replied quickly, looking at bhai for approval. Bhai nodded his head, his narrowed gaze flickering towards them.

"Accha. When will you be back to pick us up?" She inquired while raising her brow.

(Okay.)

"Uh... When- whenever you call us. You both can take your time in shopping, we don't mind, okay? Now since it's getting late, we will get going." Bhai stuttered, turning around to go.

"Wait a minute! At least give us your card or something so that we can pay." Bhabi stopped them, a frown on her face as she looked at them sceptically.