Chapter 25

Saad's pov :

I didn't know what was wrong with these ladies around me. They all loved sweets like their life depended on it. Okay I know, I get it that they might like sweets. But there was a limit. Having cookies, cakes and chocolates all day wasn't healthy and definitely not recommended.

I have just now gotten a sudden realisation that my wife too liked sweets. I mean, I kind of knew that since yesterday when it was our nikkah. But the realisation that I would now have to take care of two people who were crazy for sweets was a bit too sudden. Make it three if we add Amira too.

In the end I had to buy the chocolate cake for her. I actually didn't mind buying it but the fact that she was considering ordering something sweet with cold coffee after buying the cake - and having cookies at home already - was unbelievable. If aunty would have gotten to know about it, then surely it wouldn't have been a pretty sight.

But this girl was so stubborn! Who would make her realise that her one mistake could have landed us in much more trouble? I was kind of glad that I ordered something else instead of her sweet before anyone could notice it.

And believe me, she could be really violent if she wanted to. My foot was still paining from the time she stomped at it. But I wouldn't disagree that it was amusing to watch her getting angry and annoyed over my action. I think if this worked out - this nikkah and everything - then my favourite work would be to annoy her. I smiled thinking about it. She looked kind of cute when she was annoyed and angry.

Okay, I was definitely becoming an over thinker. I need to stop thinking about her and our future. I didn't know what the future held for us, nor did I know what was written in our fates.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I glanced at the sleeping beauty beside me. Her hair - now out of the bun - was sprawled behind her carelessly. The comforter covered her till her chin as she snuggled more into it and sighed.

As soon as we reached home, she kept her cake in the fridge and after bidding Emaan farewell - a rather emotional one at that, I didn't even know why - she retired to her room. And even before I reached there - which was almost ten minutes later - she was already asleep, clutching a pillow close to her heart.

Her abaya and hijab were thrown on her dressing chair carelessly. And I think she didn't even take out her mobile from her purse because I couldn't see it anywhere around her. The azaan for Isha went off in the nearby masjid and I stood up to go and freshen up. I could think about her later. Actually, why would I even think about her in the first place?

._._._.

"Beta can you please go and call Atifa for dinner? It's ready." Aunty requested while entering the living room. "And everyone else, come for dinner." She added, giving a pointed look to Alayna and Amira. They pouted before standing up reluctantly. (Son/dear)

"Jee aunty." I smiled while standing up. (Yes)

"Also beta, don't call me aunty. Call me ammi now, just like Atifa and Amira." She told me with a warm smile. My insides crunched when I heard the word ammi. It reminded me of my parents back home who were waiting for us, unknown of the fact that I even got married here and might be coming back with-

"Theek hai?" Aunty, I mean ammi questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts. (Okay?)

I looked at her, giving her a small smile. "Jee theek hai... Ammi." I replied hesitantly, highly aware of the fact that bhai was sitting just beside me and might be listening to our conversation. (Okay... ammi.)

"Ab accha lag raha hai na sunne me. Now go and call Atifa quickly." She beamed at me happily before making her way back towards the dining room. (It sounds good to hear.)