Chapter 83

Atifa's pov:

"I want to talk to Emaan." Looking up at my pacing husband, I declared firmly.

Since the time I woke up, he had been roaming around, trying to avoid me while also looking tense. Even though I asked him what the matter was, he just changed the subject, not answering me. Deciding to give him some time, I didn't insist. It could be something related to his family or work and maybe he didn't want to worry me too?

"Huh? What? Ye achanak se kaha se aa raha hai?" Halting in his steps, he finally looked at me with a frown forming in his face, baffled.

(Where is this coming from suddenly?)

"It's not achanak se, I have been thinking about it since yesterday." It was true. Since the time Amira mentioned his friend, I couldn't stop thinking about Emaan. I didn't know why but I suddenly had a feeling that something was wrong and even if I tried to assure myself, I couldn't shake it off. So I wanted to make sure that she was alright.

(It's not suddenly,)

"But she isn't picking up your calls so how will you talk to her?" Starting to pace around slowly once again, he inquired.

After a lot of thinking, I decided to at least give it a try once again, maybe she would pick up this time. But it was of no use. She didn't. So I decided to try calling her brother. "Yes, she isn't. But you have her brother's number, right?"

"I- I don't know." Looking away and rubbing above his right eyebrow with his forefinger, he replied.

"You can't say that! I remember you talking to her brother and- and even Emaan told me that you guys talked when we first left Suva." I reminded him quickly as my mind tumbled around while trying to find anything else.

"Oh. Y- yeah I remember that. But I don't know if I still have his number in my phone or not…" Glancing at me, he muttered quietly while pocketing his phone, making me frown.

"Phir check kariye aur bataiye, I'm waiting." I told him while moving my right shoulder slightly, trying to see if it still hurt the same. But it was definitely a bad idea.

(Then check and let me know, I'm waiting.)

"Accha. By the way, how is your headache?" Finally settling on the couch beside Amira, he raised a brow.

(Okay.)

Wincing, I breathed out sharply while looking away and biting my lips to keep in my whimper. "It's fine now alhamdulillah."

"I can see that. Will you be going to meet ammi now?" I could feel him narrowing his gaze at me as he replied knowingly before asking me with a sigh.

"In a while. After talking to Emaan I guess." Leaning back on the pillow, I muttered while trying to see if I managed to stain my gown again. But due to my 'husband's' intense gaze, I couldn't even look at my shoulder properly without getting distracted.

"You can talk to her later. Meet ammi first." Finally releasing me from his scrutinizing gaze, he replied, looking at something on his laptop now.

"No, not now. She wants me to bring you too. So we will go when you are done with your work. Just give your mobile to me, I will check it myself." Shaking my head, I looked up with a frown while extending my hand.

"I- I actually have some work on my mobile right now…" Glancing at my extended hand and clearing his throat, he muttered.

"Oh. It's okay, I will wait." Letting my hand rest on my lap, I replied while staring at the two days old IV cannula on my left hand. Since the time I was admitted here, they have been giving me blood and glucose twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. It was starting to annoy me, the cannula on my hand and those constant blood and glucose bags.