26th: All at once in one night

Start from the beginning

"Whatever you wanted to tell me, save it. You don't know what I'm going through." I say sarcastically. I know that even though he's Oliver's best friend, I shouldn't be ice him out too.

"You're right. I don't know anything." His voice sounds stiff. "But I have never seen him in his worse. He's often moody and daydreaming. You have no idea how much you two need each other right now."

There's a turmoil of anger in me hearing him defends his best friend. But I refrained from shouting at him. "Well, if he wants to be destroyed then it's not my fault. I bet he didn't tell you why we broke up, did he?"

Tim drops his gaze with hands in his jeans pocket. "He said that he had hurt you and he'd never expected that his efforts to protect you would make your trust in him shattered."

My beer swinging stuck in front of my lips. Tim smiled wryly at me.

"What else did he say to you?"

Tim shrugs. "Nothing much. But he said that he was handling it. But, I want you to know something." He clears his throat. "Whether you care or not — his father has left."

"What did you just say?"

"His father was arrested by police for fraud cases. This is the hardest week for him. The social worker is taking care of his custody case, but they found one of his relatives. His uncle lives in Denver. Either he will move there or they're going to make an agreement."

His words sinking to my head.

He smiles awkwardly. "I think you should know. But I won't interfere." And then he just walks away while carrying a red glass out of the kitchen.

I want to finish my runner episode at this party. There's butterflies in my stomach and I don't feel drunk.

I jump down from the coffee table and just put my half empty bottle on the dining table. My steps are slightly staggered when I accidentally bumped into someone, but his strong hand immediately hold me straight so I don't need to jerk forward.

"This is the second time you bumped me."

I look up and immediately release his hand on my shoulder. "Who knows, it could be your best luck."

"Are you drunk?" He asks suspiciously.

"Nope. You can take me to beer pong and you're gonna be surprised."

"Oh, yeah? Then don't ask me to take you home." He says while crossing his arms across his chest.

My head jerks back and my forehead furrows. "Sounds offensive. But i forgive you since you giving me a ride and covering my trump record."

I step quickly past him. Maybe he realized I'm not in a good mood. He grabs my arm. "Do I sound that bad?"

"I'm used to hearing you that bad." I say lazily and attempt to break away.

"Then you're not offended at all, right?"

I narrow my eyes. "Why the hell do you care?"

"Why don't you just answer the fucking question?"

I pull a half-smile. "Is that how you treat girls?"

None of us wants to answer each question. I don't know why the situation between us has become stiff like this. Is this the effect of being drunk? I am one hundred percent sure that I am not completely drunk.

I brush him off. Then I trace the living room to leave this house. But, the host and her idiot friend appeared before me.

"Chloe, I didn't think you'd come to my party." Hadley talks to me. I'm not quite sure if it's part of her hospitality or because she did it for a specific purpose.