21st: Game on

Last night, I stayed up until four in the morning just and was scrolling down Felicia Jones's profile.

I know I shouldn't think too much about her. What if Marry just wanted to mess up with my head so I wouldn't report her?

I collect books on my desk then rush out of the most boring math class in junior year. I hope the senior year will come faster even though there are still a few weeks left after SATs. Everyone seemed more delighted to greet the prom night.

"Chloe!" Someone called me when I walked down the corridor. I turn my head and found Alison was the one who called me.

She seems alert to look at her surrounding. "Sorry, Miss Marin. Can I talk to you?" Her voice comes out polite. I realize there are some students land their boring eyes on us.

I wonder if she wants to talk about Rollins or something. So I decided to follow her to her class.

I get to the room and take a seat near the teacher's desk as she close the door. Her heels sound dominated when she walks in to pick up something from her desk.

I know exactly that is my assignment paper, which I did a while ago.

"You know, now I teach in eleventh grade? I read some papers and yours is quite interesting," She explains while pointing to my paper.

"Umm, okay?" I'm not sure what else to say.

"I mean, the way you write and deliver your views from your essay is quite good. All detail and have a directional perspective. You're talented at writing. Why don't you join the school newspaper?"

I shrug. "It's not my thing, I guess."

She nods. "I know you like being all alone. But your talent is too good to get stuck in the mud. What about art classes, are you joining any of it?"

I sigh softly. Alison truly plays her role as a true teacher now. It's inversely proportional to a few years ago. Even more surprising to me, she had just gone through a hard time and was forced to become part of a criminal accessory by covering up the death of her ex-husband. What a tragedy.

"I don't take any extracurricular activities at Rosewood. You know, my hands are full of stuff." I tell her.

Alison sighs. "I get that, but it's not worth the risk if you spend more of your time worrying about something that hinders your progress in nearly future. How far has your SAT preparation been?"

I rest my elbows on the table. "Excuse my impoliteness. I'm not used to having to call you Ms. Dilaurentis, but you are not my homeroom teacher. Why do you seem interesting on everything I do at school?"

Alison raises her hands up in the air. "I'm just doing my job. You're brilliant, Chloe. You just don't realize it."

"You're watching me because you feel bad since I'm officially connected with your shit."

"Chloe, I don't think we need to discuss anything other than academic here." She warns me before I blurt any further.

"Fine. Sorry." I say. "Thank you very much for your attention and praise." I rose to my feet and about to open the door until she called me.

"I've never said this before to you." She says. I turn around with my hands hanging on the doorknob. "Thank you. Thanks to you, I had the determination to break away."

I manage to nod my head and left wordlessly. It feels a little weird, I've never get so awkward having to deal with one of my sister's inner circle.

With Oliver practicing and Gracey still visiting her sick grandmother outside the town, I alienated myself today.

When I opened my locker door, my eyes glued to the sketchbook I hadn't touched for long.