14th: The Rabbits in the hole part.2

Oliver groans as I put the gauze on several bruises on his face. He winced every time I asked him to stop whining.

I picked up Oliver at the Center Point. I took him to my house by cab.

Apparently, he had just taken a trial to qualify for an underground fighting tournament. His opponent was quite huge and, more surprisingly, he won. I think I want to shout at him so that he won't involve himself again in that stupid illegal match just for money. I hate seeing him getting all injure like this. It's enough his father pouring all jackass to him.

It took longer time to convince him that I was fine after he saw the bruise near my eye and also the bandage in my hand. I can't help but tell him about my fight at The Brew with Sara Harvey.

"For God's sake, Chloe. If only I had been there, I would have kicked that woman's ass for hurting you." He says irritably. His hand touches the wound in my eye.

I chuckle softly. "This is not important."

"But why do you have to fight with her? What happened? This is nothing like you. You are not a violent person."

I heave a sigh. My eyes wells again. The more I remembered my sister, the more I couldn't help but being emotional.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He tilts up my to make me look at him. "Tell me what it is that bothering you."

This is the time when our relationship must level up. The trust should be built from now or there is no point for us to keep together.

I fall into his arms. His warm embrace for some reason has its own power to erase all my anxiety. In fact Oliver is the world's warmest hugger.

His shirt was getting wet because I was crying on his chest. But none of us pulling away from each.

I breke away from him.. Hope that nothing will ever change. I've never been this fragile. Even when I walked in a hell and heaven at Ravenswood, I could still convince myself to strengthen up.

But this time is too different. Someone who means the world to me is in danger. It's more than possible for her life to be threatened. Even though all of this were the consequences of their failed plan, somehow I'm part of this mess.

A.D also did this to punish me for ignoring the offer.

I shouldn't be this stupid...

I should have accepted the offer...

With a hammer on my heart, I told Oliver everything. At first I told him about Hanna who disappeared due to her stupid plans with her friends. Oliver listened patiently. Nodding but occasionally wrinkling his forehead. Naturally because I haven't pulling out the roots.

Part of me was hesitant to tell a tale of my past in Ravenswood and not to mention a summary of the others past with A.

I inhale a lot as he rubbed his temple. Trying to think the right words to to say. "I don't understand why you guys are so secretive if you end up hurting each other like this." He says carefully.

"I know." I murmur.

He cups my face and kisses me briefly. "What happened to your sister is not your fault. You do something right."

"What do you mean? Everything fell apart! I wish I didn't always run away everytime I did a ton of shit—"

Ollie stops me. "Hey, there's no point in taking guilty cards now. Everything happens and can't be done. Now you should focus to look for your sister."

I nod my head weakly. He's right.

"I understand that yo ... you think I'm not the girl with clean reputations. I'm a major mess." I look away to hide my emberrasment.