25th: Too good to be true

I groan and rub my eyes as I saw it was seven o'clock in the morning. I never thought I fell asleep after staying up all night.

When I move my chair sideways, my antidepressant pill bottle falls down rolling against the table. I pick it up and put it in a drawer. I shake the cursor on my laptop. The dark screen turns into a Facebook page.

Since receiving a brief reply from Felicia Jones, I decided to read all the histories of her social media links. Unmitigated, I followed a number of people who were seen in the vortex of friendship with her.

I studied her life.

My efforts to get rid of Oliver from my head were not entirely successful. Every now and then he appeared in my head. I get rid of him by making myself busy whether with school assignments, studying the task from Yvonne Philips, or the most time-consuming is stalking Felicia Jones.

I haven't heard anything from A.D or big boss for several days since the night at the hotel, or since someone ran me off the road.

Could that be a good sign? It's too early to draw speculation.

Before I drag myself to take a shower, I reach for my phone and make a call to someone.

It takes at least fifth ring before the heavy voice answered. It looks like he just woke up, like me. "Hello?"

"Would you mind to pick me up to school, please?"

###

Seth filled the empty space in the parking lot. The jeep roars smoothly occasionally. I rarely see him driving a jeep to school. He always drives silver BMW. But I chose not to ask about it.

"Well—" I start off while he turning off the ignition. "Thanks for your ride."

He looks at me flatly. "I gotta admit the call from you way too early was kinda bothered me. But thanks to you I didn't get late for school." He stares at me for a moment. "You look messed up lately."

My cheeks heated and I avoid his eye contact. I didn't expect him to notice me in so much detail.

"Shit happens." I reluctantly say softly.

"Yeah. I can see that." He says. I almost forgot that he knew more or less about the thing I went through. He even knew my relationship with Oliver was in turmoil.

"Gracey and Trevor aren't in the closer neighborhood. Besides, I'm not in a good mood as a third party in Trevor's car if I asked them to carpooling."

"No one wants to." His eyes then fix on the students passing around the parking lot. "I think you need a diversion and take a beat. That would help."

I narrow my eyes and look at him humorously. "Since when did you start giving me an advice?"

He just shrugs his shoulders, trying to play it cool.

My mind drift to another place. "Umm ... Seth?"

"What?"

"Have you ever skipped school?"

He watches me for a moment. "You know what I was like when I was in middle school."

Right. Stupid question.

"I forgot. But, what made you do it?"

He shrugs again. "Bored. Had fun, acted cool in front peers"

"Just like that?"

"More or less. But that was my rocky periods. Early puberty wasn't like walking in the park."