7th: Truth to be youth

I keep on tapping on my pen over the history textbook.

Mr. Hardin demonstrated the theme of slavery in 1880s. The students who sat in the back looked uninterested in listening to him. Two football members looked sleepy. One girl from cheerleading squad was busy looking in the mirror to inspect her makeup.

And me.. die of boredom.

School bell's finally end all of the boredom. Some students rush out, the geeks remind to stay in to discussing the assignments for following week.

I walk casually out of class and meet Gracey near my locker. She's busy typing on her phone.

"Is there any interesting news?" I ask her before open up my locker door after she shifted away.

"Umm... nope. Words gets out a new student in senior class will held a party in Kahn family's cabin." she tells me, still busy with her phone.

"Why's it held there? Is he a Kahn?" I ask curiously.

"A cousin. I guess. "

I shake my head then close my locker.

Hordes of football players passed boisterously and make the noise in corridor hall. I just remembered that I hadn't seen Oliver all day. Trevor then join us. I sigh by seeing the two lovingbirds jump in to suck each other's lips. They're really crazy for each other.

"Oh hey, Chloe." Trevor greets me after realizing my presence.

I tilt my head as I'm smiling wryly. "Hello Trevor."

Gracey turns around. She face me with her back leaning against Trevor's body. "You look lonely. Well, It's not your fault actually." she looks up to her boyfriend. "Beib, where is Oliver?"

Trevor rubs his neck. He seems hesitant to answer it. "I don't know, I heard he called in sicks."

I raise my eyebrow. "I think his body's resistance is quite strong." I wonder.

"If the reality check's quite different, I might against your assumptions. But, yeah. The strongest team member is him. Dunno" Trevor shrugs his shoulders.

My inner voice said that I wanted to see him.

"What if you visit him?" Gracey sounds like reading my mind.

"Huh?"

She rolls her eyes. "Come on, girl. It's pretty obvious that you want to see his face." she exclaimes. "Go, see him."

I scoff in surrender. "I don't know where he lives."

Gracey widen her eyes and exchange a glance with Trevor. "Well, it's not too surprising but weird. I mean, he is indeed closed book. But seeing him liking you that much, I didn't expect him to feel like he didn't want to be reached by you."

"Do you know where he lives?" I admit everything Gracey said was true. Not really being worried, I was also very curious on what made Oliver so closed off.

This reminded me when we canceled to eating pizza together at The Brew, the day I was reunited with Sara Harvey.

"Just ask Timothy. He's been friends with him since middle school. He must know where he lives." Trevor suggest me.

I look at Gracey. She pulls a smile and nodded to encourage me and follow my heart.

I think I'll do.

##

I cursed myself on the way I circled a few blocks of houses towards Oliver's neighborhood. Armed with mediocre information from Timothy (which I had to bribe him for $20 to gave me information), I followed the instructions according to what he told me.