29th: Up Against The Odds

Mona leads the way back to the apartment.

Actually, if I wasn't in a state of shock, I wasn't too surprised to find out she was secretly following Jenna and me. Seriously, she's going to be a great CIA agent if she's willing to turn it into career wise.

Mona always has a plan, and she is very smart on reading situations. I'm glad she didn't interrupt anything while Jenna talked to me as she was spying on us.

I looked down at the apartment after getting a rant and a hug from Hanna and Caleb. They still see me like a ten-year-old little girl when little did they know what impact I had on anyone other than myself.

"Chloe, hey. Can you tell us what Jenna wants from you?" Caleb asks carefully.

My ears clearly heard the question, but my lips are tightly closed. I wish I could get away from this.

"Are you okay?" Hanna's taking over to unmute me. She grips onto my shoulders so that I slowly raised my gaze at her. "What did she say to you?"

I gulp. "She told a classic story of what made her blind."

"What?" She frowns hard. "What did you just say?"

"About the accident in her garage years ago." I look away for a moment as the heat crawled all over my face. To be honest, I am ashamed to have to admit it. "Your involvement and everything."

"So, she wants to talk privately and spit out the disgrace I did with my friends?" Hanna lowers her hands and turns to both Caleb and Mona. "For God's sake. I'm completely clueless. It's not like more than enough for them terrorizing my life, and now they are trying to make me the bad guy in front of my sister? "

"No. Not just that." I distract them. I wet my lips. "She's trying to figure out if I knew anything about Sara Harvey's death and perhaps Noel's involvement."

"What?" the three of them exclaimed.

"Why did she ask you that? And how does she know about Noel who might be involved?" Hanna exclaims.

Caleb squats in front of me. "Chloe. Did you tell her the truth? "

"No. Not at all. " I say, trembled. "That's not the problem right now."

"So what is it? Why are you upset? " He asks softly.

"I'd better report this to the police." That made the three of them surprised.

"Why don't you just go to your room and rest." My sister says.

"I can't." I shake my head. "It costs someone's life every time I backed my ass off! The balls are on my court right now. I can't just keep silence."

"Chloe, whatever is currently in your little head, it won't help anything." Caleb's trying to calm me down.

"You've heard from Mona about everything Jenna told me. I'm a coward, okay? I killed Leon Grunewald, and I was connected to the death of Sara Harvey somehow."

"Wow, Chloe. Hey, calm down! Calm yourself." Hanna walking down toward me. "You're not in stable state and that's why you—"

My hands are balled into fists. My fontanel feels like it wants to explode at the same time. "Can't you learn from the past, Hanna? Don't you have to do something right when there is something out of ordinary in front of you?"

"Then what are you going to expect when you report it, huh? Didn't you learn from my past? Did you forget all those years ago that I was going to do that, and it came back to me instead? It was me who was thrown caged behind bars, Chloe! " She cried in no less emotion.