24th: Walking into the light

Why do bad things keep happening?

Maybe that's how the universe works.

Throughout the weekend I failed to step out of my bedroom. I didn't even tell the Philips office I couldn't lift my ass and start off my internship on Saturday.

Oliver tried to stop by incessantly. He even banged on the door of my house. I was grateful my sister caught a bad signal that had happened. She forced Ollie not to come for such period of time.

But yesterday, he managed to break through the barrier I inserted.

He suddenly climbed up my room like a crazy stalker. There were fears and fatigue that mixed with frustration when he tried to talk to me.

"I'm really sorry about everything, but you have to understand why I'm still doing it." He said, moved one step forward to reach my face. "I'm always looking for ways to keep Sara out of your reach."

I sliced ​​his hand out raw. "Don't touch me." I said coldly.

"Chloe, the day you went to Pennsylvania, I was looking for what Sara was going to do. I got a clue that there was another man who helped A.D. to kidnap Hanna. Sara and Jenna were looking for a way out to stop the game and get out of town. Sara scared of this man."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know this is the way to help you out and you can get out of this bloody mess." His words sounded curt.

My eyes watering again. I didn't know what to do to him because I wanted him to stay but at the same time I wanted to throw anything at him.

"You lied to me." Tears streaming down my face. "You trapped me in the warehouse and you tricked me. You seduced me when I was drunk to slept with you at the party. When I let my guard down, you drop my bracelet and drop it in the church." I said, elaborating the facts I just realized I had been through.

His eyes looked at me sadly. "Chloe—"

I shook my head while raising my hand, warning him not to approach. "The bracelet is my mother's gift." I rubbed my eyes with both my hands and looked at him again. "You'd put the threat memo from A.D at the Montgomery's wedding. Sara and A.D told you to stay with me so you could deliver what they told you. You're just disgusting than what I thought you were."

Realizing my anger made him shrink. His gaze fell down. His eyes danced and when he looked up to look me in the eyes again, there were sadness that hard to bear.

"I'm a selfish bastard. I did it all to survive. And I did it so I can have a reason to be with you. But I swear, when I decided to out of the game, I gave back the money. That's why I sold my motorbike." The pleading in his eyes was just as bad as my crushed heart on him.

We both mourn the revealed secrets that lead us to fragility.

"I never thought you would do something like that." I said in a choked voice. "I think I look too much at you. How could I recall our relationship as something real? A relationship cannot be built behind a lie."

"I know. I just want to protect you even though at first I almost destroyed you." He rubbed his eyelids. "But the only truth that is real is that I love you."

"I don't want to hear it." I covered my ears with my eyes closed and my head shaking my denying. "Just go or I'll call the cops."

He approached me but I stepped back. He stopped immediately.

" Now get the hell out of my bedroom and never come near me again."

He didn't move

"GET OUT!" I snapped.