26th: All at once in one night

There is a part of me that keep asking why something happened and for what needs to be passed. But I remembered Leon's words about something that didn't need to figure out and let the time flow.

Caleb drives me back to the apartment. He even coming along inside. I catch an anxious look on his face.

We are greeted by Hanna who was confused to see our arrival. She is drawing a sketch design.

"Chloe? Why did you go home early?" she sends another question look at Caleb then switch to me again. "Is something wrong?"

My eyes must be glazed again because I see my sister looking at me worriedly. It's just that, I'm going to leave out today's story to Caleb. I'm one hundred percent he will re-narrate everything.

"I'm fine. Just tired." I mutter to hide my shaking voice.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Her voice softened but still demands an answer.

I shake my head and stare at my sister for a while. How I realized that I had done a lot of wrong to her but she still cared for and protected me wholeheartedly. She didn't seem to have a problem with the fact that we were born from different mothers.

I throw my hands to hug her and she hugs me back. Even though this is confusing to her, I just shut my eyes down and drown my face into her hair.

"It's okay, you're okay." She whispers as she patted my back softly.

From now on I will try to be more obedient. Although I can't guarantee it would be completely easy because I have to deal with all everything.

But she's all I had left.

"I just want to be in my room." I tell her, and I drop my sight at the floor.

"Okay." She understood that now is not the right time to read on me with thousands of questions.

I hurried up the staircase. I vaguely heard her asking Caleb what had happened. Caleb's calming voice invited her to sit so that he would be more free to tell her thoroughly.

###

I don't know what has gotten into me.

I let myself dissolve into the mess in Hadley St. Germain's house to sink by the beer bottle I took from the fridge. Smokers are none other than the jocks and they're smoking weed. Of course I know a lot about that. I've done it several times at Ravenswood before.

Ravenswood. Drugs. Leon.

Why did I suddenly think of Leon? Did my antidepressant trigger me to remember old memories?

"Marin!" A male's voice called out to me.

Turns out to be Charles Taylor.

"Hey. What's up?" I wave a little at him.

Charles had a high-fives joint with several of his teammates and he smiles at me. "Never seen you with this kind of things before." He pointed at the bottle of beer in my hand.

I shrug my shoulders. "Well, call it one lazy night, Taylor."

Through the end of the bottle, I see Timothy coming along with Trevor. Lucky for him, Gracey couldn't came to the party tonight because she has to take care of her five years old cousin.

I'm locking with Tim. He look at me a little longer than usual. Charles even has to shift when Tim comes to me with a bitter smile.

"Chloe." He greets me.

"Hi, Timothy." I sip on my beer again, I feel like he would've shot me with thousands of question marks.

"Look. I don't mean taking any sides. But I don't think it's just you who is hurting here." He says quietly, his face close to my ear so that his voice won't sink between the noise of the party animals.