9th: A scattered party

I never thought I'm willing to do this.

Right the next day, I launched my plan to break into Sara Harvey's hotel room. Luckily for me, I did it in a simple calculation. I can access the hotel computerization to find out her whereabouts. If she checks out, then it's perfect for me. Blessed to Caleb who once taught me how to hijack an access.

Speaking of Caleb, I'm sure this world is playing the game. Just when I intended to look for an elevator, I saw him talking to the hotel receptionist. From what I heard, he booked a room to stay but unfortunately the whole room's full.

There's nothing he could do except to walk away from the reception desk. His appearance hasn't changed much since the last time I saw him. It's just that, there's a maturity of the beam.

"Caleb!" I called out to him. He turned around. His eyes expanded and frowned at me. A huge smile appeared instantly.

"Chloe." He cried in surprise.

I walked over to hugged him. Such a warm hugs. I knew he missed me. We had bonded like brother and sister in the past.

Caleb lifted me a little before releasing his arms. "Hey, how are you, little Chloe? God, you've changed a lot." He says, measuring my height by placing his hand on the top of my head.

I didn't sneak his hand. I sulked his other hand. I always like to act spoil toward him. He's like a big brother I dreamed of a long time ago.

"You evil. You never contact me or greet me. Even though your story with my sister is over, you don't think our friendship will end too, do you?" I say as I swing his arms playfully.

He looks exasperated, the joyful twinkle that I radiate always be his weakness. "Of course we will always be friends forever. And Sorry, kinda busy lately."

My eyes narrowed to analyze him. "Only this time I forgive you, but you have to pay it back by treating me ice cream, another time."

He actually laughs crisply. "Seriously? You never get tired of asking for ice cream from me every time you think I made a mistake?"

I let go of my hand from him and pouting my lips. "A friendship to be durable must be carried out by sticking to old traditions. After all, don't you miss me?" I grin at him.

He laughs again. "Oh god, how I miss the spoiled girl who always asks for treats from me." He cups my cheek and press it.

If only someone else saw us. They must've been misunderstand our relationship.

"No matter how much I want to treat you for ice cream, I have to handle my business first." He says with an apologetic smile. "I have to find a place as soon as possible."

"Didn't you ..." I doubt myself to bring it up. Even though I didn't meet him for long, I knew his whereabouts. I heard a lot about his personal life from Hanna's chat with her friends. "Didn't you live with Spencer in her barn?"

Caleb seems surprise I found out about it. Maybe he thought Hanna had told me. In fact it isn't. But I'm not intend to tell him. "Yeah, i was. But — well, I need a private space."

I know something must happened between them. But I don't want to associate it with my sister's. Not completely. "Are you looking for a place to live?"

"Yeah, unfortunately all the places I visit all booked."

I thought for a moment, a crazy idea popped up into my head. "Hanna will — throw a party off at Lucas's apartment. Chances are she will also stay there with Emily. I'm not sure I'll staying over too, if you want to, you can stay in a guest room, like you used to. Only for one day won't kill."