8th: Memento

I take a deep sigh as i watch my sister sorting out the clothes on the iron hanger, displaying all of her multiple hard work. She clearly doesn't wasted any of her college fees for nothing.

"I just realized you've made so many collections." I say and keep paying attention to Hanna, who's busy choosing clothes that were suitable for me to wear tonight. "Remind me again, why should I attend the wedding ceremony of Aria's parents?"

Hanna took a frilly dress then walks over to me, she put the clothes on by sticking them on my body first, her chin wrinkles and her eyes narrowed in her own judgment. "Perfect." she says, releasing the dress. "You should come, Aria invited me you too. Ella even asked about how you are. And also— " she put the dress on me and give me a sign to take it.

"And what?" I ask curiously. I pull off my mickey mouse shirt over my head to put the dress on.

"Mike is coming." Hanna reply, grinning slightly. "I heard he had opposed his parents' marriage but when Ella said you were coming, he changed his mind."

I lower my short pants when the dress hugs on my body. I pause and look up to her, "Well, that means it's a good thing if he came to support the second marriage of his parents."

Hanna reads my discomfort. "You guys still friends, right? Did you forget when you were always happy every time you saw him. It's cute."

I roll my eyes. "Stop teasing me, it's been a few years." I look down at the folds of my dress. "Besides, I already have a boyfriend."

She furrows her eyebrows. "Oliver?" she guessed in an uncertain tone.

I look at her steadily. "Yeah. Him." I purse my lips. "I thought you wouldn't be surprised."

"Well, not completely surprised. I still not sure of his impression." she admitted acknowledging.

Her words made me recall on Oliver's family history. "You don't know him well enough. Believe me, he's not what he seems like. Don't judge the book b it's cover"

"Yeah, I know." she approach me and help me straighten my hair. "Maybe it's time for you to officially introduce him. Bring him as your escorter tonight."

I thought I heard it wrong. "Uhh, what?"

"Yeah, ask him to accompany you." she says confidently.

I thought for a moment. It doesn't sound bad, actually, even though I'm not so sure whether Oliver wants to do something like this. But, if he really likes me, he's unlikely to reject this. Especially this is a way to attract Hanna's heart so that she blesses our relationship.

"Why? Are you not sure he wants to come?" she seemed to hear my thoughts. Hanna didn't say much while she was busy choosing shoes and accessories for me.

"Maybe. This is not his scene. But just one persuasion obviously will made him melt." I say, winking temptingly.

Hanna knew what I meant and she rolls her eyes. "Really, you're thinking as optimistic as it so certain?" she pushes me sideways to turn my body around.

I huddled softly as she zipping up on my back. "Why not? all the bad boys always melt with their girls. Don't talk as if you've never knew it."

I could feel Hanna's hand stopping on my shoulder. She knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Her past with Caleb when they were in high school.

"It's very different." she says after a long pause.

I turn around to look at my sister. "What's the different? Caleb was a stray boy who happen fell in love with you. And it turned out he's a good person. Listen, Hanna – I determine everything I wanted in my life, including who I wanna be with. All guys are different, you can't compare them to Mike Montgomery, he's just my first crush when I was in middle school." I threw my face aside, lowering my voice. "And he's also a college guy, kinda tad bit impossible if he doesn't have a girlfriend."