chapter 28

Siddarth was yelling and running in the hospital with a unconscious Shehnaaz in his arms. Seeing the blood not stopping made his heart race at pace of an athelete.He was not able to understand what happened a few minutes back.

Flashback

The painful scream of Shehnaaz made Siddharth turn towards her and seeing the head flowing with flood made his legs sprint with a bolting speed towards her.

"Jaan, kya hua yeh", he was sick worried about her and she was losing her grip. The last she saw was a tear stricken face of Siddharth before blackness gripped her. Seeing her insentient made his heart drop in his stomach. What was he supposed to so now? His senses occluded. He picked her up and drove to the hospital.

-------------

"She is okay Mr. Siddharth. Because of blood loss she fainted. A little deals and stress free days will be all", the doctor instructed Siddharth completing the dressing of an unconscious Shehnaaz.

"Is she perfectly fine doctor.", Siddharth inquired for umpttenth time and doctor smiled assuring him again that she was perfectly fine and he could take her back once she is awake.

"Bacha are you alright", Siddharth asked shehnaaz as she woke up with a kiss on her forehead. She smiled and just nodded in affirmation. Doctor came and examined her and instructing Siddharth about the medicine allowed them to leave for their abode. Crease of worry were evident on his forehead making her sigh. "Siddharth, buggu main thik hun, dekh", but nothing helped him to relax.
They reached their home, and even after a lot of resistance she was carried inside, in his arms. He laid her on bed and was going out to grab something to eat when she pulled him to bed. He tumbled falling on bed. She grabbed his shoulder and drew him closer to her, took his hand and kept on her heart. "feel kar" he was bewildered not understanding her action.
"mein thik hun bilkul thik and with you" moving closer to him "and this close to you" and ceased the distance between by uniting their lips. Their kiss was mingled with his tears, she smiled at his love for her. She pulled her away softly and kissed his eyes soothing the pain in them and rested het forehead against his.

"jaan nikal gyi thi meri tujhe aise dekh kar"

"jaanti hun m baccha"

"mein kaise smbhalun khud ko tujhe aise pain mein dekh kr. Mujhe dard hota hain yhan" keeping her hand on his heart "bhut dard, aisa lgta hai koi isese alag kr rha ho mujhse"

"shh mein hun yhan pr tere pass hamesha. Agar kabhi mein tujhe nhi dikhti hun aas pass toh Aankhien band krke apne dil pe haanth rkhna mein mil jaaungi"

"mein tujhe hamesha apne saamne rakhunga" and he engulfed her in his arms calming the heart beats which denied his every plea to realx.

She was sleeping enwound in his arms, her safe heaven listening to her favorite melody,  his heartbeats. But sleep was away from his eyes. He was now worried for her. It was second time that she was harmed and may be this was not accident like the earlier incident and the person behind it is the same. He needed to find the person asap because now the things were seeming to become worse and he couldn't let it happen to her ever. He was dejected on himself for again not able to protect her from the danger.
" But why would anyone would want to harm her?  She is the purest soul he knew. She couldn't  harm a spec of being then why would anyone harm her?" There were question in his mind but no answer. He looked towards her , she was pristine and serene. Positivity was reflected by her. He smiled at his sleeping figure with lips parted a bit. He caressed her cheeks with the pad of thumb and kissed her forehead mumbling " I love you jaan". She smiled even in her sleep and shifted to cocoon herself in him and he did, hiding her small frame in his large one.