chapter 24

They were on the flight, with heavy hearts, yet a smile on their lips. They had got themselves a lot of memories from Maldives. It was a happy trip in every sense. Shehnaaz has laid her head on his shoulder and was fast asleep, where as Siddharth has his eyes closed and beautiful smile adorning his lips. He was in the land of their memories, he loved every bit of it, her smiling, the sound of her giggles, her angry pouted lips, the taste of those lips which he could not get enough of ever, her warmth, her everything just filled his heart with boundless love. How much he loved this little bundle , he would never be able to explain. She snuggled in him more making him kiss her forehead and pull more in him making his heart warm. After hours of travel they landed Banaglore. She was not happy coming back to bangalore leaving a heaven behind, how could she be? They left for their home and decided to relax until tomorrow.

*NEXT DAY*

Siddharth and Shehnaaz reached office late than usual. As soon as they entered the office, Shehnaaz left for her cabin and he was greeted by everyone. He just entered his cabin and was informed with not a very good news which angered him as well as scared him to his wits

"Siddharth there is something that you need to know", Anirudh spoke showing seriousness and Siddharth hummed in response, gesturing him to continue.

"After you left for the trip, I was looking for the work when Ramesh(the lift repairing man) came up to me and told that there are chances that the lift incident was not and accident but a very well planned event to harm Shehnaaz."

"Are you sure and how did he conclude about it", Siddharth said in anger knowing that Shehnaaz was harmed intentionally.

"He told that there was no such problem in the lift , so he went to the control room and found the switch to be turned off"

"call him right now"

In no time Ramesh was in the cabin with a worried lines on his forehead thinking that he would have done something wrong and might loose his job. Siddharth asked him about the lift incident, to which he replied

"Shahab jab lift kharab hui toh main dekhne gya kya kami hui par kuch fault nahi mila toh mene control room jaake dekha toh main switch band kar rkha tha Shahab, aisa lag rha tha kisi ne jaan boojh kar kiya ho",

He left the cabin along with Anirudh and a very tensed and a scared Siddharth. All the flashes of the horrifying day came running back to him making his spine chill with the fear he felt that day and he was and would never be ready to face that fear again. He quickly called a detective to look in the case, because if he would take help of police the person behind this might get alert and might harm her. He fixed a meeting with the detective in the evening in a café. The moment he hung up, Shehnaaz barged in,straddled in his lap, making a sad pout hiding herself in his neck. Feeling her this close was not new but after the information he got a few moments back, it felt as if he got his life back. He wrapped his arms around her holding her firmly and protectively, protecting her from every coming harm like a shield.

"kya hua bacha", the softness in his voice made her heart flutter and her lips smile.

"mujhe yaad aai teri bhut jyda or mujhe pyaar ki kami lag rhi thi mujhme,toh mein aa gyi", she murmured still intact at her place.

"mera bacha", he groaned and cupped her face, kissing every inch of face except her lips. She made a grumpy face, and he very well knew the reason but decided to play along.

"kya hua bacha, abhi bhi pyaar ki kami hai", mischievousness was clearly visible in his voice but Shehnaaz seemed to not identify it and spoke irritatedly.