chapter 18

They sat there for what felt like eternity. Siddarth had absolutely no courage to leave her even for a moment. She broke the hug and cupped his in her soft hands and made him look at her. "Kitna nona bacha hai, tu mera. Par mien kahi nahi jaaungi teko chod kar chahe tu kuch bhi kar le" and kissed his forehead

He needed it, this time he needed her words to assure him that no matter what may come she is always going to be beside him, her hands in his, always. But he himself could not come to terms with words. He wanted to cry, he wanted scold her , he wanted to love her but nothing was in his control.

Their moment was invaded by the ear piercing shrill voice of Rhea. She entered the medical room and seethed fire seeing Shehnaaz wrapped in his arms. Covering her disappointment she spoke "Shehnaaz are you fine I heard you were stuck in the lift sweetie."

Shehnaaz tried to reply when Sidarth spoke "ya she is fine Rhea but she needs rest so if you can just see her later,"and turned to look at Shehnaaz who was chuckling at the pale face Rhea had. Rhea stormed out of the room in anger and only with determination to get Siddarth, if that needs Shehnaaz to be dead, it will be her least concern.

Siddarth called Anirudh and instructed him for the work of the day left and left the office with Shehnaaz.

The scene that was unfolded few hours back in the office was enough for all to know what importance Shehnaaz has in Siddharth's life. The horrified Siddharth which stood there was screaming love and only for Shehnaaz. Ishika and Anirudh were the two persons who were genuinely happy for their friends where as others were least concerned with his personal life. He was their boss and they respected him but none dared to intervene in his personal except for Anirudh.

On the way back home Siddarth took packed food them keeping in mind that Shehnaaz does not move a step.

"Tu thik hai na baby kahi pain toh nahi ho rha hai na ya weakness jaisa" his worry was coming out.

"nahi Siddharth main bilkul changi hun dekh sedum first class", she twirled to show him she doing great and there was nothing to worry.

He sighed but the crippling fear never subsidised. He shuddered to think what could have happen if the lift would not have opened at correct time. He knew he loved her more than he could ever love but the fear he felt that moment was never known to him. The thought of loosing her always left him in heebie-jeebies but when he saw her lying lifeless made him choke, his heart refused to beat any further without her, his sense left him alone. He closed his eyes trying to remove every haunting memory of the last few hours but closing his eyes made him realise the fear even more. He in a instant opened his eyes and smiled seeing her gobbling the ice cream and making her face eat it too. He chuckled and she looked at him with mouth spoon full of ice cream and frowned.

"kig halbsa", Siddharth tried to understand the gibberish but failed.

"bacha first eat and then speak". She gulped the ice-cream and spoke stressing each word so that he understands it" kya hua kyu has rahe ho?"

He laughed again and pulled her chair towards him, and she dared not to breathe at closeness she felt. "Because" he licked the ice cream from the tip of the nose" you are", licking the ice cream "looking edible", and licked the ice cream at corner of the lips, smiled and got up to leave for the room

What the fuck was that she mentally screamed for just losing herself to his ever touch but the next moment she smiled feeling his touch still lingering on her. She kept the left over ice cream in the refrigerator and ran inside the bedroom.

As soon as she entered she saw him engrossed deep in thoughts with his eyes closed and she knew exactly what was his mind running on. Siddarth smiled as he felt her lips on his forehead. The kiss seemed to relieve all stress. He always thought that how her one touch was able to melt him in puddle.

He felt the bed dip beside him and he being wrapped in her arms. He opened his eyes and saw her already looking at him. She leaned towards him, entreaty in her eyes as he looked at her delicate face and into her pure, limpid eyes, and closed his eyes to devour the taste of her lips on his forever.

"boo-boo main bilkul thik hun tu kyun chinta kar rha hai. tu bas mujhe attention diya kar or us rhea se door rha kar bas", and the lips formed the signature pout. He chuckled at his buttercup. He held her pout between fingers and smacked a kiss.

"As you order sugar", and she was engulfed in the warmth of her man whom she loved beyond words can explain or describe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO KILL YOU AND ME THERE WOULD ONLY EVER HAVE TO BE ONE BULLET

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

STAY SAFE AND STAY HAPPY

LOVE.