chapter3

The day started out great for Shehnaaz. She was very happy since morning as she was able to grab the position of the project manager in the company. The mail from the company was best thing that could have ever happened to her. She got out of the bed excited to go to the job, completing her early hours chores she headed towards the gurudwara which was near to her house. She went to gurudwara and prayed for strength.

Her smile knew no bounds today, and she has promised herself to outdo, and make her speak for her. The little bit or architecture, that she was able to know was from the books she read and little from her teachers. Yet she knew how to excel, with whatever she has, and with the determination she entered the towering building, her destination, not just for work but to many more things in life, and probably life itself, only the pages were to be turned. Smiling she greeted the lady at the reception and headed to the direction she showed, mumbling a thankyou. Shehnaaz found her genuine and humble. Something which was rare, in the world today.

"When are the new employees joining?" asked Sid taking the file from Anirudh. He was eager to meet the new talent, always has been. The new people coming to his little space of work joining him in it, has excited it. And especially today, the girl has stuck in his head, the girl with the cross finger, and the cutest smile has entranced him enough to hold his thoughts in her control, unknown to it all. Do not think, the reason to her appointment was definitely not her cute face, but her skills, and her winsome answers, yet her innocent face has strike him in right place. 

" Today, they will be here by 10" answered Anirudh, smiling perplexedly. He has known his excitement to meet the new employees and make them feel comfortable, but today their was more to it, the gaiety unusual.  

"okay" mumbling, he left to his cabin, smiling. He was thinking about her, about the Shehnaaz Dhillon, the crossed finger girl. Wondering how just a glance and not a proper meet yet he was so fascinated by her. Every little action of her was playing like a movie in front of his eyes every time he closed them. The way she tucked her hairs behind her ears , the way she gave the answers to the questions, her smile, her eyes with smudged kohl were like ocean he was happily drowning in and when she crossed her fingers for a good result.

"What are you even? Just stop coming in front of me. I know this is not the right thing but it does not seem to be wrong at all. I wish I can...." he mumbled to himself, and would have mumbled more if the gate would have not been knocked, pulling him out of his trance. 

"Sid they are here." Anirudh barged in the cabin. 

"han.. ya I'm coming in minute"

"Okay"

"Sidarth will be here in a minute till then you can have a seat " said Anirudh to Shehnaaz and Ishika who were the new employees.

Ishika was nice and a sweet girl. Shehnaaz was able to connect with her in a instant because she got the good vibes from her.

"Hello! Ms. Dhillon and Ms. Singh" a deep voice reached Shehnaaz ears. She instantly looked up searching for the source of the voice when her eyes met the most handsome face of his "Sidarth Singhaniya"

"Hello sir", said Ishika

but Shehnaaz seemed to be some other world .

"Ms. Dhillon?"

"YES" said Shehnaaz ever so softly. Sidarth smiled to her and introduced them to everyone. Anirudh showed them the office and explained their work and guided them to their cabins.

With this she started working as instructed by Anirudh.

Shehnaaz had herself immersed in work and after the long tiring day, and ending the day with a smile, she entered in the lift, unaware of Sidharth's presence. Her mind hazed, and her eyes drooping with the heaviness, ready to sleep. Though she was happy working for and worked what she wished for, and the eyes were giving away the tiredness, closing and ready to hit the bed. She looked at the person in the lift and smiled, and turned back pressing the button to the basement. And then the face she smiled, resurfaced her mind, making him know who it was. She turned around and gazed at his face, wondering it to be just the illusion of her tired mind. 

"Nahi nahi, bas dikh rha hai", she shook her head, and denied his presence. He remained stoic and a smile threatened to break on his face.

"When did he come I did not see him coming I think I am dreaming he is not here" she thought and touched his nose and gasped with the realization. 

"Ms. Dhillon" he said in his deep husky voice with a smile tugged on his face .

"Sorry sir ", these were the last words he could hear before she ran out of the lift and out of the office .

" What is this girl even? cute!!" and the smile never left his face as he touched his nose .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

" TOCH HAS A MEMORY AND YOURS WAS TO REMAIN FOREVER"