Chapter 53

Jake went to the meeting, and better yet, he wasn't late after the whole night with Kenzo and Dorothy. Meeting those doing business inside and outside Kansas took an hour and a half. It went well with Andy doing as Chairperson. At thirty, he's still considered the youngest tycoon. He could handle everything as his Dad trained him well at an early age, focused more on their businesses, and was thankful enough to have Jake and Dorothy with him. Jake looked up to him as a perfect man whom he idolized forever.

They extended hands, patting shoulders inside the conference room and exchanging greetings and acquaintances until each of them headed to the exit way one by one, where the usherettes led them to the reception area. Jake shook hands with some other old colleagues, while Andy shook hands with Teddy Ellison when his daughter came.  

"Oh, I'm sorry, Dad, I was late." Jake turned his head when he heard that familiar voice of a woman.

Jake recognized her immediately. She looked so different now; she was more like a woman, which matured her face so that Jake had to stare at her closer. He stepped slowly towards Andy and Ted and tried to see her face.

"Mr. Andy Walton, she's my Daughter Georgia," Andy extended a hand to her, and then he saw Jake was beside him.

"He's my brother Jake, Mr. Ellison," Jake raised a hand to him.

"Jake, is that you?" Georgia said in a big surprise.

Jake contained his calmness, showing professionalism in front of his father. Jake raised his hand to Georgia, and when she took it, Jake kissed her hand. Andy just shook his head and rolled his eyes up again. He knows Jake when it comes to beautiful women.

"How are you, Miss Georgia?" Jake smiled at her.

"How did you know each other?" Ted Ellison's face showed too much curiosity.

"I was..." Jake was interrupted by Georgia.

"He's my friend!" Georgia smiled at him.

"Where did you meet, sweetheart?" Ted asked, still curious that he looked so familiar to him.

He can't remember where Ted saw him; even if he recognized him, he would still not believe it.

"When he had his vacation in Denver," Georgia stated.

As his Dean friend said, Andy knew Ted Ellison in Denver, where Jake worked as her daughter's driver for them.

"Oh, really, a small world, huh!" Ted Ellison commented.

"Let's go to the reception hall, guys!" Andy called; all the gentlemen left the conference room.

They all headed along while Jake and Georgia walked together, exchanging greetings and compliments.

"Jake, I really couldn't believe it. You've changed a lot!"

"How?" Jake asked.

"You look so amazing, so handsome, and... oh, a diplomat!" She said without shifting her eyes from him.

"So, are you saying you are still in love with me?" Georgia blushed, and Jake laughed out loud.

"Just kidding. Why are you here, by the way?" Jake asked, looking into her eyes, but she could no longer look at him straightly.

"I was working for Dad when I heard him having this business meeting in Kansas. I remembered you and was thinking of reaching for you, but I didn't know how. Besides, I didn't know how long we would stay here and don't know the place either." She stated.

"Well, do you remember treating me to dinner in Denver? So, let me do that here in Kansas. Is that okay with you?"

"Um..." As she was still thinking.

"Okay, promise me, just dinner," Georgia said, and Jake laughed again.

"Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's supposedly me who'd be saying that," Jake said, laughing, while Georgia blushed again.

"Jake, stop it. I was just a student and curious during that time, four or five years ago. I've changed." She lowered her face, still blushing.

"Wow! Really, huh!" Jake smiled teasingly.

"It's good to hear that. Anyway, promise, I'll behave as I always do, but promise me also that you behave, or else you know what is next..." Jake's arm rested on her waist, and Georgia abruptly pushed it away. Jake looked at her, who was a bit embarrassed.

"Of course, but you know Jake, I missed you."

"I missed you too," Jake said but was puzzled by her reaction.

"What if we cancel the dinner tonight?" Georgia said.

Jake laughed again, now so loud that they got others' attention from other tables.

"See? I doubted it when you said you've changed. I saw it; you're still in love with me. You want it now?" Jake was teasing her.

"No, I mean, we should cancel our meeting. No dinner whatsoever," Georgia consciously said.

"Why? Is that because you can't resist me?" Jake's curiosity needed to uncover something.

"Jake, stop it!" Georgia whispered while she looked around, conscious that someone could hear them.

Jake patted her head, seeing her just like before when she was still in her twenties.

"Jake, you would be a great help to me, you know what? Dad is putting up a branch here. The building had started last month, a building just twenty stories high. That would be for the offices and other establishments, call centers, whatever it would be. I think I will be staying here long. Could you give me someone to trust? I have my assistants, but they both came from Colorado and are unfamiliar with the place. The one who would guide us here, as a tour guide."

"So, you are suggesting the one like me?" Jake teased her again.

"Jake, I'm serious. And I know you're kidding, I know you're so busy, and I also would not suggest taking your time either, even if you would volunteer." Georgia said seriously.

"Okay, I'll send you one. When will you need it?"

"As soon as possible. As of now, I'm staying in a hotel here."

"Where?" Jake asked.

"At Walton's Ho... do you own that?" Georgia asked in surprise when she realized Jake's family's name.

"Not mine. The family owns it."

"You're so humble, Jake," Georgia said.

"I'll keep in touch, and if not so busy, I'll roam you around in Kansas by myself. But we would see each other tonight. For dinner?" Jake reconfirmed it.

"Yes, for gratitude for sending me a tour guide," Georgia said.

"Why are you so defensive? I was kidding a while ago. Don't mind me; it has been just that I missed you. Remember, I owed you a lot when I was there working with your family. You never mistreated me; I can't forget it, and you even liked me for the kind of a man I was. It's time for me to pay you back in my simple ways."

"Okay, Jake, you said it well. I'm convinced, so we'll have our dinner tonight. I'll wait for you."

"At seven!" Jake said.