Chapter 52

Weekends are the only days the Walton family bonds to share a table due to their hectic schedules.

"Jake, Samantha, don't you have a plan to get married?" Michael asked. 

The two were both shocked. Samantha threw a fake smile while Jake managed to take the subject well.

"It's up to Sam. I don't know how much I bored her! What do you think? " Jake asked. He sure gets her to play with the elders.

"I think it's too early; we'll talk about it later, Jake." She stated under her breath, clearing her throat.

"I just said it because we've seen you for two years being together and eager to see our grandchildren." The older man said as Jake was entirely relieved of Samantha's refusal.

"Jake, don't forget, we'll see big hogs tomorrow. Don't be late," Andy reminded him.

"Jake, let's play with Kenzo after dinner," Dorothy said excitedly.

"Of course, I'll be seeing him after dinner anyway. Dorothy, how's that boy named... the one who attended your party four years ago? Where is he?" Jake asked that Andy throw a glance at him curiously.

"Oh, David! It's ridiculous that you remembered him and not his name." Dorothy said with prying eyes.

"Sam, do you have any idea?" Dorothy asked Samantha, and she shook her head while tugging her lips.

"Why?" Dorothy stared at Jake questioningly.

"I thought he was courting you," Jake said, then sighed.

"That Jerk, as I remembered when we were having dinner here, I thought he brought me those flowers and chocolates... that was long ago," Dorothy laughed.

"Yeah, Caroline grabbed those chocolates, and he got mad, really, really mad because those were for the housemaid here. Remember that stupid one?" Samantha laughed as they remembered it.

Jake blushed as Andy saw it. He studied him; his heart was curious if Jake was still interested in Alex.

"Oh my... David was insane; he grabbed it back from Caroline and tried to find that girl, but he's so unlucky, that girl left according to the head staff," Dorothy said.

"We never thought he was that serious. We thought he was kidding us or annoying me. He was an idiot falling in love with that..." Samantha rolled her eyes.

Their parents were listening, quite entertained by the teens' stories. Jake remembered that evening when Alex got angry because he embarrassed her that she had agreed to a date with David.

"So, they didn't meet that Sunday?" Jake's tone was marked by inquisitive interest.

"No, that's why David was so mad and left the flowers and chocolates to Caroline. I found that woman so peculiar. Imagine David falling for her, the famous heartbreaking genius in school who was lavishly devoted to academic pursuits." Dorothy laughed.

"Oh, you have that sharp memory, Jake. You still remember even the day. It's Sunday, huh? Speaking with that stupid, I mean with that girl, she's fortuitous to have you and David for rescue." Samantha cut off what she intended to say in front of Jake's parents.

"Dad, Mom, guys, I have to leave first; I've many things to prepare for tomorrow." Andy stood up as Michael and Stella followed.

"Dorothy, wait for me in Ken's room; I'll just take Samantha home," Jake said.

"Okay, Ken and I, we'll have the whole night playing tonight," Dorothy went to Kenzo's room.

So they didn't meet. Where did she go? Jake gathered his thoughts about what happened that night when he was quiet while driving.

"Jake, are you okay?" Samantha asked.

"By the way, Jake, Caroline, and I, we'll go shopping and watch a movie that I know you will be busy with tomorrow. We would have our driver, don't bother to fetch. See you the next day." Jake nodded as the thoughts about Alex occupied his mind. Samantha kissed him and climbed out of the car as Jake hurriedly drove back to the mansion.

"Hey, kiddo, how's your day?" Jake hugged Kenzo.

"Jake, can I talk to you for a while?" Dorothy said as Jake could sense her discomfort.

"Kenzo, look at here. I have something for you. You do it correctly, and you will have your prize after, okay?" Jake gave him a puzzle toy to entertain him for a while.

Dorothy left Kenzo on the bed while the two sat on a sofa.

"Sam's my best friend, but you're my brother, and you should know this." Her hands clenched at her sides, hesitant to tell Jake.

"About Sam?" Jake asked curiously; Dorothy nodded.

"Caroline told me last week before she went to Canada that Sam slipped her tongue and mentioned to her about the guy we met in France the last time we went there," Dorothy said, staring straight at Jake.

"Who's that guy?" he asked. Dorothy anticipated seeing his angry face, but only curiosity masked his face.

"Robert, I met him, and he's good-looking. Caroline had a crush on him too, but you know Sam, a flirty, so they became closer than Caroline. She's more vocal with Caroline about her secrets with Robert, which she keeps quiet during my presence. Maybe because I'm your sis."

"Speaking of Caroline, you mentioned a while ago; she's been in Canada since last week? Samantha told me they would go shopping tomorrow and be out for a movie." The disappointment was evident on Jake's face.

"Yes, Sam called Caroline to deny that she's still in Canada if I ask. She told Caroline she would lie to me, pretending they would be together tomorrow and had already returned from Canada, which is not. To be clear, Caroline is still in Canada, the fact that she's with her parents now, who extended their vacation a few days more." Dorothy shook her head.

"I just have the feeling that she would be meeting Robert. So, I told you this. Sorry, but you have to find out." She said.

"Thank you, our beautiful princess." Jake thought for a while, then abruptly collected himself.

Curiosity led her to ask, "Are you not angry?"

"Nope! I'm relieved." Jake kissed her forehead and did a tight hug.

"What?" Dorothy was surprised.

"I don't love her; I just maintained the bond between our family and business ties, that's all," he said coldly.

"Really? I hesitated to be intrusive, thinking I didn't want to ruin your mood or interfere with you. But I can't stand knowing her doing such a thing behind your back."

Jake grabbed her hand, "Thank you, and I love you, Sis. Don't worry; I'll settle everything." Jake patted her head.

"Let's go play with that little kiddo." Jake pulled her hand.

They laughed, enjoyed playing with Kenzo the whole night, and even slept with him until the morning.

That night before falling asleep, "Allen, you know Samantha's address. Watch over her the whole day and have evidence of whom she's with. If you could get nothing after the whole day, then better resign immediately." Jake said firmly.

"Copy, Sir," Allen reassured.