Chapter 8

Both Jake and Alex rested the whole night. She woke up early; she used to do the tasks since she was small. 

"Wake up!" she again knocked on Jake's door, then prepared for their breakfast. Jake went out wearing his black shirt that exactly fitted his body, shaping his broad chest, and faded denim with a backpack over one shoulder. Alex stared at him; her eyes couldn't deny her fascination as she admired him the first day she set her sights on him. Her thoughts were playing, and she quickly shifted her gaze to the table.

"She likes men, and she's not a tomboy," Jake saw how she reacted, and he smiled. 

Sophia had already left. After cleaning the table, Jake and Alex left the house and headed to the Wahlbergs.

"Good morning," the old woman went out and attended to them.

"Is Mrs. Wahlberg here?" Alex asked the older woman who was in Mrs. Wahlberg's household.

"Just a minute." Then she took her exit.

"Hi, Alex," Mrs. Wahlberg went to them at the house facade.

"Good morning!" Jake greeted her. Alex saw a spark in her eyes upon seeing Jake.

" How's your Mom?" Mrs. Wahlberg asked Alex, who was observing her.

"She's fine." Alex glanced at Jake.

"Mrs. Wahlberg, this is Jake, Uncle Bill's nephew from Kansas. We want to rent your car today if you do not use it. Jake had a special matter to attend to." She approached directly.

"Yes, I'll not be using it now. By the way, have some coffee here." She suggested.

"Thank you," the two were nudging their elbows secretly.

"Where's Arian?" Alex's eyes were roaming around the house.

"Your friend is still sleeping. Oh, here she is, Arian, Alex's." Arian smiled dryly and focused her eyes on Jake.

"Jake, she is Arian." Jake was about to do a handshake when Alex refused him to hold her hand.

Instead of Mrs. Wahlberg as their plan, Alex pushed Jake out, pulled Mrs. Wahlberg, standing before him, and accidentally bumped the side table. It was not what they'd planned that Jake had not prepared for that. He got severe back pain that he couldn't pull his body up while Mrs. Wahlberg was on top of him. His hand was on her back, and the other was clasping her waist. Her eyes were so sparkling that they almost kissed if Arian didn't come towards them. Arian pulled her Mom up, and Alex pulled Jake up while his back ached.

"I'm sorry," Alex said.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am," Jake said and snorted.

"Just call me Sandra," she said.

"Are you okay, Mom?" Arian asked her.

"Yes, sweetheart, I'm okay." Her mother said, scratching her elbows.

"Are you okay, Jake?" Arian held him on his arm, and Alex's eyes narrowed at him.

Jake stepped away and went to Mrs. Wahlberg. He snatched her waist and gently squeezed it.

"I'm sorry again. Are you okay, Sandra?" she smiled and nodded.

"Come sit down. Why are you renting?" Sandra asked.

"I would be having a job as a driver, and I need to be familiar with the places."

"We need a driver too, and it would be better if you drive for us, with a high salary, of course." She offered.

Jake remembered what Alex taught him.

"Yeah, I love to, but I had already committed my service and am about to start. I'm so sorry. Maybe if I lose that job, I'll come to you." Sandra felt caressed by his gaze.

"Really, oh... I regret to hear that, by the way, I will lend you the car. I still have two more vehicles to use, and I would stay there all day anyway." Mrs. Wahlberg said, apparently stunned.

"It's a great help. Thank you very much. Would you mind having dinner with me the next day?" Jake approached.

"Yes... um, I'll see," as if she hesitated.

Alex slanted her gaze to him; it was out of the plan to have dinner with her.

"Alex, who's that? I like him; he's a man," Arian whispered to her.

Alex was so annoyed by all of them, from Jake and from a daughter to a mother, that she frowned.

"Do you have something to do now? You could go with us; it is if you want!" Alex approached Arian.

Jake glanced at Alex, and it was out of the plan either.

"Really? Thank you, Alex; I'm bored here." She hugged Alex quickly.

"Sandra, I would be glad if you would also come with us. It's fun to go on a ride with a group." Alex's brows drew together, glancing at him.

"Well, it's fun then!" the two dressed for a while.

"Why did you invite her?" Alex got mad at him.

"It's a favor for you, so Arian would not focus her time on me, instead, with you." Alex thought for a moment.

"Yeah, it's brilliant. You're a good buddy." Alex threw a punch above his arm that hurt him slightly.

"But we did it, right?" Jake said as they hit with their knuckles together.

Jake and Alex were both satisfied that their plan worked. The two went out of the room. Arian was in a mini light pink dress with her white sandals; she looked beautiful with her short hair covering half of her face.

Alex looked at Sandra firmly. She was amazed that Mrs. Wahlberg looked younger than her age.

"Alex was right; she looked only, like in her twenty-eight to her thirtieth. Her body is so slim, and her skin never showed her age that's so smooth and gentle. She's more beautiful than her daughter, whom her father's blood may already inherit." Jake snatched Sandra's waist and assisted her into the car while Alex and Arian followed them.