Chapter 24

Weeks passed, and then months later, Jake learned to enjoy his job at the Ellison's. He and Georgia somewhat had better chemistry as days passed, even with Georgina.

"Miss Georgia, are you alone?" Jake asked her curiously, seeing her without Georgina.

"She's sick," Georgia said.

Jake opened the car door, swung his arms, led her inside, and drove to school.

"I saw your resume' that you did go to college; why didn't you finish it?" Georgia asked curiously.

"Please stop the car." Jake stopped slowly.

Georgia went out and transferred in front, beside the driver's seat.

Jake just looked at her curiously. Then he started to pull the car on the road again.

"As I was asking, why didn't you finish your college?"

"If I wouldn't answer it, would it be a ground to lose my job?" He asked teasingly.

Georgia laughed so loud that Jake found her so approachable. She had an excellent character for a woman.

"I like your sense of humor, but seriously, why?" She insisted on asking again.

"It's a long story, and to make it short, I'm just stupid, okay?" Jake said straightly.

"At twenty-five, you're not still married? Why?" Georgia asked again.

"Miss Georgia, I think you have already studied my resume'. Is this a second actual interrogation from the Lady of the house?"

"Well, I was the one who told Clarissa to do the interrogation about you. Mom assigned it to me to know the people working for us. And this is not a part of my job to her, but rather, I want to know you personally."

"Is it okay to know why, Miss Georgia?" Jake asked, throwing a glance at her.

"I'm just curious. Honestly, you don't look like a driver for me." She said straight as Jake laughed.

"And how do I look to you?" he said, smiling.

"Some playboy, relaxed, carefree kind of person, right? Sorry, I'm not judging you, but that's how I see it."

"Yeah, you said it right, very right, I admit it," Jake said; her words touched his ego, and he felt partly annoyed but amazed by her guts and honest opinions.

"Sorry if I invaded your privacy. I won't ask anymore." She sensed his annoyance through his facial reactions.

"It's okay; you're just telling the truth; women are allowed to speak with their minds, as they said."

"Could we be friends? Just call me Georgia." Jake nodded and stopped the car as they reached the school campus.

She opened the door by herself; she didn't wait for him to open it.

"See you, Jake!" She walked away, but Jake's eyes followed her.

Jake started to pull the car when he saw a group of male students follow her, pulling her backpack from her. Jake pulled the car in reverse and stopped it. He then climbed out of the car and went to Georgia.

"What's happening here? Are you okay?" Jake pulled her waist towards him.

"And who are you?" one of the boys asked. "Who is he?" then the man turned to Georgia.

"Jake, please... Marlon, please." Georgia said to Jake while he turned his face to her.

"Who's this guy?" Marlon asked again.

"He's Jake... our driver." Georgia hesitated to say it.

"Your driver, bodyguard?" he faced Jake, whose hands rested on Georgia's waist, and he looked at them firmly.

"A driver, but you acted like her lover, huh? Are you screwing with her?" Marlon said, directly narrowing his eyes so that Jake didn't hesitate and threw a punch at his jaw.

Marlon's group took the initiative; one made a blow to Jake's face, the other took fists to his stomach, and the other punched his eye, which knocked the breath out of him for a few seconds. They took his hands and held onto his back. Georgia panicked and called the campus guards at the gate. Many students saw it as it was the first hours of school. Eyes were set on them, most of them murmuring.