Chapter 23

All rested for the whole night. Jake studied the portfolio given to Clarissa about the job, including all the details he should observe and follow.

Jake woke up at the given time and wore the uniform given to him, which boosted his charm in a white long sleeve and a blue necktie in a coat. His heartthrob looks came out. Alex and Clarissa gasped, who looked so amazed at him.

"Jake, she is Miss Georgia and the youngest Miss Georgina. He is the newly hired driver, Miss Georgia." Clarissa said.

Georgia looked at him, apparently impressed and attracted. Clarissa noticed it through her reactions, how she looked at him when she saw Jake. She's the eldest daughter of Ellison; in her twenties, she's already given her parents' authority to run their businesses and even have her business on her own. The youngest, Georgina, was still in middle school when her sister Georgia, aside from their parents, became her guardian.

Georgia didn't blink an eye upon looking at Jake; it seemed she was under hypnotism. Jake stared at her and found her beautiful, classy, and attractive. He gave her his most enchanting smile, with his eyes moving seductively. His eyes stared down to her nose and stared longer at her thick lower lip. He noticed her light brown wavy hair that fell on her shoulder. Jake likes women having long hair; it fascinates him. He nodded after the introduction and was about to climb into the car when Clarissa called him while the two ladies stood outside the vehicle.

"Jake, the door, you open the door for the ladies; that is the rule." Clarissa stepped forward and whispered to him.

Jake turned and obediently opened the door for them but nodded in disagreement. He found it so funny but still took it as a challenge. Now, Jake knew what a driver felt. When it was Georgia, he held her elbow and assisted her inside, like a genuine gentleman, which he does to his women. Clarissa climbed into the front seat beside Jake.

Alex saw it and felt so insecure that jealousy suddenly washed through her. She pitied herself, expecting from him. From the start, Alex knew there was no room for them. She hated herself, believing that there was something between them. As Alex had witnessed, she realized how far the distance between them, how high she would fly to before reaching him.

Jake quickly stared at the front mirror and caught Georgia's eyes on him, but she quickly withdrew it. He chuckled, who had complete confidence in himself. The fact was that besides his family's riches, he had that princely look, with height and a perfect body build. His broad chest, eyes, skin, and those kissable red lips that had kissed and ruined the lives of some women already cannot deny his irresistible charm.

Georgia looked again in the mirror while Jake's eyes were on the road. She stared at him again and found him so appealing that she smiled as he inspired her. Jake sensed that he looked at them again in the mirror and caught her, and he turned his face to the side window. Clarissa was so observant that she noticed their exchange of glances during the ride.

They reached the school campus, and he automatically opened the door. He again assisted Georgia, who climbed out of the car, then Georgina, who came out next.

Georgia smiled gently at him, while he just nodded and left. The next day, the same happened again until Georgia felt at ease and safe with Jake. She told Clarissa to stay in the mansion and accompany her Mom instead of going with them to school.

"Shh, does your best friend already have a girlfriend?" Clarissa asked Alex, whispering while having their dinner.

Clarissa stopped talking when she saw Jake coming near them. Jake sat down beside Alex.

"How's your day?" Jake asked Alex.

"Fine, how about you?" Alex asked him back with a dry smile.

"Fine." Then he started his dinner with soup.

Alex just stared at him with fascination. If only she could love him freely, he could love her. She knows it's so impossible, so clear that he just liked her and never loved her. Never will he, so she decided to mark it in her mind. She lowered her face in sadness; her eyes avoided looking at him. She realized it was better that way to ease the pain of not seeing his face. She left Jake and Clarissa at the table without saying anything. Clarissa, who was very fond of him, kept talking, and Jake drew his brows together as his eyes followed Alex. He felt strange about her since they came as she acted differently; they'd just met there as newly acquainted.

"She is beautiful!" Clarissa said.

"Yes, she is," Jake replied, looking at Alex.

"No, not Alex," as Clarissa followed Jake's

eyes.

"I mean Miss Georgia; she's kind-hearted like her Mom and Dad." Jake nodded.

"How long you've been here?" Jake asked.

 "Since in my twenties, Miss Georgia was just twelve when I came here. I used to take care of her, then Georgina, when their nanny got married and resigned."

"Oh, quite long, eight years," Jake said. 

She didn't leave him until he finished his meal. Jake stood up and pinched her chin, which she was delighted by. She then stood up and went to her room. Jake looked at Alex's door inside the private house, where the dining and kitchen were located, separated from men's quarters just outside the home. He hoped Alex would go out and chat a little with him, but she didn't go out again, so he decided to leave and take his rest.