Chapter 54

Jake and Georgia talked and began chatting about their businesses as they can't talk about some personal matters, being around those tycoons and her father's eyes.

In the evening, Jake went to Kenzo's room, played a little, and kissed him. He then drove off to the hotel to fetch Georgia. The head staff greeted him as he waited in the sitting area.

Georgia's wearing a black mini skirt that shaped her bottom, an off-white sleeveless top attached by small sheered straps on her shoulders, and a small purse in her hand. She arranged her hair by gathering it together at the back of her head and hanging it freely. When Jake saw her, he saw Alex's image. He inhaled and stood up. His heart pounded and ached a little.

"Hey," he kissed her cheek as she did as Jake stared at her. 

"You're so beautiful, but would you mind removing this? You look lovely with your hair down." He pulled the tie down and snatched her waist. He didn't want to be reminded of Alex's image.

Georgia pulled his arm down away from her and moved from him. Jake noticed that change in her since the morning. They had dinner as Jake's bodyguards scattered around with their casual clothes, not interrupting whatever he did as they watched over him.

"So, is it okay to stroll in the park?" Jake asked her.

"Sure, I remembered this when we had dinner years ago," Georgia said.

"And what was that about?" Jake asked, though he still remembered it clearly.

"It's nothing. How amazing this place is, so quiet and relaxing, so beautiful." Georgia was amazed by the lights and the landscapes around them.

"Are you married?" Jake asked straightly.

Georgia was surprised when he pushed his hands into his coat's pockets.

"Why? Do I look like a married woman?"

"No, you're still that beautiful, but I missed that young Georgia who's so sweet and aggressive."

"No, but I'm engaged." She said that Jake stared at her, up then down, as he gaped.

"I see... wow! I'm happy to hear that." Jake confirmed it, the reason she was avoiding his touch.

"How about you?" she asked curiously, though she didn't want to prove it.

"In a relationship, not serious." He said, smiling.

"What do you mean? Like what we did before? Didn't you still find someone special?"

"I found her, but then, I lost her." He said.

"Well, going back to you, do you love him? For Miss Georgia to be engaged, well, that's awesome!" Jake chuckled.

"Are you insulting me?"

"Sorry if I offended you. I just happened to know you better, but if you're really in love, okay then, I'm happy for you," Jake said thoughtfully.

"Jake..." she hugged him tightly, and Jake kissed her head.

He cupped her face that he was about to kiss her, but Georgia pulled back and kept her distance.

"I'm sorry, I just really missed you," Jake said as Georgia fell into her tears.

"What's the matter? What's wrong? Why are you crying? I'm sorry. I'll behave, promise!" Jake said.

"Jake, let's go. I have to go back to the hotel." Georgia stated in a low voice.

Jake was so confused why she acted like that; it seemed she feared something he couldn't understand. They drove off to the hotel in silence while Jake thought deeply.

"Georgia, is there a problem?" Jake asked who had sensed it since they met, as her eyes always roamed around.

"Nothing," she answered.

Jake stopped at a curve where no one passed by them. He pulled her to him and kissed her.

She responded as she could no longer resist him. Their kiss went deeper, his hands on her breasts, his palm cupping them with his fingers. She leaned back her head as his mouth was on her throat.

"I missed you, Jake! I still love you." She whispered.

"But you're engaged," as he brushed his lips on her neck up to her ear.

"I don't love him!" She whispered again.

Jake gently stopped and kissed her lips, then pulled away and straightened.

Georgia pulled her hair and fixed herself. Somebody knocked on the car door, and the pounding became harder. They saw four men outside the car, all armed, and one of them still pounding.

"Oh, my God! Jake, what should we do?" Georgia was in a panic.

"What the hell!" Jake saw Georgia tremble.

"Who are they?" Jake asked curiously.

"I know them; they're Henry's men."

"Who's Henry?" Jake was puzzled.

"The man I'm engaged with; He sent men to watch over me. I'm sorry, Jake, don't climb out of the vehicle. They would hurt you."

"No way! Not here in Kansas." He saw his men coming; they were all armed, riding in four vehicles, and climbed out of each car. They were all sixteen. Some of Jake's men lifted their guns to Henry's men's heads and gathered the weapons they were holding. Some of Jake's men surrounded the car and secured them. Georgia was in total shock, seeing those men outside.

"Who are they?" Georgia was so confused and asked Jake, but he ignored her and climbed out of the car.

"You know what to do." Then he climbed into his car again and drove off.

Some of his men followed them, and some parted ways.

"Jake, where are we heading?" she knew it was not the way to the hotel.

"To the mansion. You are not safe being alone in the hotel. Let me handle this, but we should talk." Jake said as she nodded.