Chapter 17

In the morning, Alex wore her shorts and a blouse and then had her hair ponytailed.

"Oh, Sweetheart, you're so beautiful. At last, you realized  you're already a grown-up woman." Alex saw how her mom reacted to seeing her wearing a dress. 

Jake chuckled at the corner, shaking his head, thinking her daughter dresses womanly but still likes women. 

Mrs. Sophia went to work that morning; Alex went to Jake quickly when she left.

"Why were you laughing a while ago, huh?" Alex said, who was embarrassed.

"Stop fooling your mother or yourself!" he turned his back against her.

"What do you know about me? You have no idea," she said.

"Stop wasting your time about what people would say; being less fortunate is not a crime. Besides, those people don't deserve you." Jake started looking at her in her shorts and a blouse. His eyes were teasing her.

She went to the kitchen to avoid him; she had to stay away from him each moment. She hurriedly finished the cleaning but felt Jake was behind her. Her heart beat so fast that his warmth sent a feverish rush to her nerves.

Jake held her waist. His lips were gently brushing her shoulders up to her neck. She liked it; she wanted that pleasant feeling as she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. When she felt Jake's hands slowly crawl up, she nudged him forcedly with her elbow and hit him in his stomach; then, he stepped back.

"Don't touch me again, and don't come near me," Alex warned.

"And who do you want? A woman like you? Stop playing with me, Alex. I know you like a man's touch. I felt it."

Alex's face reddened; she couldn't deny what he was saying was right. She liked it. She wanted him to do it again. By playing with Jake, she can control him not to see Sandra, which would help Arian. But there's no guarantee she would not fall for him. Alex was in deep thought when Jake went towards her again.

"Stop hiding from your fear, Alex; you're a woman." Jake held her face and gently kissed her lips. She didn't move and didn't refuse either.

"By the way, I decided to work with the Wahlberg."

"No!" she shouted but regained her composure quickly.

"I mean, as a driver or a husband?" Alex could not admit she was getting jealous as Jake ignored her, not to create more trouble with her.

"As a driver," he stated thoughtfully.

"But you know that Sandra and her daughter like you superiorly; you could not do that! You could not be there," she protested as Jake's presence brought her to a stinging awareness.

"And why not?" Jake studied her face while speaking, and he drew his brows together.

"Because you told me you would accept the job in Castle Pines. Now, you decide. Anyway, it's your life. I would not interfere." Alex went to the stairs, but he snatched her arm and pulled her to him.

Jake kissed her deeply as Alex put her arms around his neck and responded to him with her kisses. His presence made her come alive. There were layers to her feelings for him that she wanted to defy but couldn't pretend she didn't wish for his kisses. They kissed again along the stairs, and she forgot the minor consequences of being with him. Alex parted her lips to him voluntarily. She thought about seduction that she needed to draw him, not pursue his plan to work with the Wahlberg. As Arian expects, Alex must stop Jake before returning to Castle Pines with Jake and closing the agreement. Alex didn't know she was half into it, giving her heart and life.

As a wealthy playboy, Jake would not refuse and would only pursue to the end; he can't grasp the notions behind female powers of seduction. His hands rushed to pull the brassiere straps down her shoulders. Her mouth parted, too inviting that he had to grab the opportunity given him. Alex liked the feeling; she enjoyed it as Jake started his fingers to play with her hair strands. When he saw her head lean back, his mouth wetted her throat, then let his hands play on her peaks. She closed her eyes, feeling his mouth on her neck. She knew it was out of the plan anymore; it was already her will to do it with him.

"Jake! Jake! Hello there!" they heard Sandra's voice outside.

They stopped and inhaled deeply together. Jake and Alex were both carried away, as Jake was already trembling. He didn't expect to be more affected by that intimacy as he unexpectedly discovered the unusual thrill he felt in making love with her.

Alex fixed her hair and padded upstairs, but before that, "Don't screw with her!" her eyes warned him that he saluted. Then she padded hurriedly upstairs. Jake fixed his hair and his shirt, then opened the door.

Sandra was about to kiss him, but he hugged her instead so she might know he was from kissing her. Experts always find ways to eliminate every mess they make concerning women. They always come up with excuses and ideas that, sometimes, women cannot.

Alex hurriedly put on her blouse and went downstairs. She should not give them any chance again. She roamed her eyes but didn't see them around the receiving area.

She went to his room, which was swung open; no one was there. She went to the kitchen and found them there kissing. Jake leaned against the wall while his hands were on Sandra's bottoms. It was the first moment in her life to feel that enormous pain; she didn't know where the pricking came from in her chest. Alex only felt it crawl inside her chest, and she trembled as something squeezed her heart.

Jake closed his eyes, seeing her. He didn't know what to do, whether to push Sandra away or pull Alex towards him. Although Sandra initiated it all, he had no chance to explain it. When Jake stopped kissing her, Sandra noticed Alex's presence, and she turned around and saw Alex staring at them. Even Alex didn't know how to react then; her eyes looked at Jake, pooled with tears. She didn't understand why she wanted to cry, and she struggled hard not to fall into tears.

"I'm sorry I didn't know..." she said, lowering her head, avoiding them to see her tears, but Jake captured it.

"No, it's okay, Alex. Don't mind." Sandra didn't notice it; she pulled his arm as she stepped toward his room. Jake stepped slowly, looking at Alex. His eyes were asking for an apology, how he wanted to utter the word. Jake tried to go near her, but Sandra pulled him away. Alex closed her eyes and didn't move until he passed by her. The tears fell on her face rapidly. It seemed they came straight from the bottom of her heart. 

Jake and Sandra went to the room. Sandra closed the door that slammed Alex's chest when it shut. Alex took her steps slowly and shuddered. Her knees and elbows felt instant fatigue as her body weakened. She walked over to the sink and turned on the faucet. Alex washed her eyes as tears streamed rapidly down her face. She didn't wipe them away from that; even her blouse got wet. She walked past Jake's room slowly, looking at the door, then headed upstairs.