Chapter 1

Of all those pleasant days in Walton's mansion, that day was the meanest in Jake's life. His father's forbearance had gone beyond the limit that he had to trim the tie. Michael's clenched fists uncontrollably grasped Jake's collar and threw a blow on his jaw, and the skin turned red.

Holding her breath, Stella left the room as the commotion outside quipped everyone with fear. Michael angrily shouted, "From now on, you must live independently, do what you want, but leave the mansion immediately! I can't stand seeing you around. Come back or not, but fix yourself and settle all your mess!" 

Not breaking her steps towards them, "No, he's your son. You can't do that to him, Mike!" she cried hard, comforting Jake with a mother's unconditional love.

Too proud, Jake, "It's okay, Mom, I will leave as he wished." Jake wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, feeling the pain in his left jaw.

Jake kissed his mom's forehead, showing gratitude for being patient enough to stand still by his side, then grimaced at his Dad.

He hurriedly went to his room; his eyes roamed around, thinking he'd miss his shell and didn't know when he could return. Jake gathered some of his essential things,  partly regretting. But the hefty punch from his father's closed fists that hit his jaw made him eager to leave rather than ask for forgiveness. 

Jake was about to leave his room when he noticed someone hiding behind the door. He turned and saw his sister, Dorothy, running towards him, giving him a sad, tight hug.

"Take this, Jake, you will need this," Dorothy gave him her six-month savings.

Her eyes were teary, but she tried hard not to fall a tear; she knew Jake didn't want her to waste tears every time she was in a sad mood.

He gathered his pride and said, "No, I can't accept your money. I know you're saving it for your favorite painting. Keep it. Take care of yourself and Mom." Jake said and hugged her, tapping her back.

"You would come back soon, right?" she asked as Jake left her a sad smile, then padded downstairs and drove off.

Michael clenched his chest, eyes set out of the window, as Stella was sobbing, sitting on their bed. It was a hard decision Michael had made. It hurts to think that the child he raised and cared for since little would be gone because he became incorrigible and lost the thread from the real purpose of his existence. For Michael, it was the only way he knew, to let him go out and see the real world on his own, to find his way back.

 Jake is the second son of the Waltons, far different from his brother, Andy, who played his role as a useful, if not the best, family member. It's the same as their sister, Dorothy, who plays the perfect daughter role.

Walton is one of the notable names in the city, owning fifty-three diverse businesses and having thousands of employees globally. Andy managed most of the branches that he hadn't married at twenty-eight. After taking a Business and Management course instead of entering a medical school, he decided to be the best, if not the perfect, son to his father. Dorothy loves to study Fine Arts, but she chose a business course instead, choosing his father. Even though her brain cells struggled to compensate for her emotions, she still pleased her Dad.

Michael only wants what is best for his children. He didn't realize he had already made walls between them. Among his children, Jake had the only guts to turn him down by enrolling at the College of Aeronautics instead of taking up what his father told him: the Business and Marketing  Administration field. 

But Jake had no power and money to pursue, as his father refused to provide financial support for his college fees. He had no choice but to shift course to what his father wanted and spent the money for nothing. 

Jake was well provided with everything he needed but never appreciated it. Instead, he refused to comply with his responsibilities and became a disreputable family member. Spending money with his false friends and playing with different women became his hobbies. Many of them accused him as the father of their children and that Andy's office included the women in the monthly payroll, or else Jake would be in jail, adding up those troubles he did in some aspects. He enjoys accomplishing the avenge against his father rather than pursuing his college education, being childish and simple-minded.

Jake took his luxury car with him and took a suite room in a hotel, but not at Walton's hotels. Due to days, weeks, and months of extravagance, his savings account closed. He tried to use his credit cards but was dismayed, finding out the banks declined all that he had to sell his things with tremendous value, his most expensive watch, and everything to convert into cash. He spent most of the amount on different women, buying them jewelry that cost an arm while staying with him in a hotel by schedule.

After a couple of weeks, he'd run out of cash to sell his luxury car, which gave him shelter and comfort for another three months in a hotel.