10:20AM

Roxi's POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I fixed my hairpin into my firmly secured bun and then let out an exasperated sigh. I bent over and then pulled the last drawer open, breathing through my mouth as I reached for the brown envelope in it.

I pulled the envelope out and placed it on the table. Glancing down at it, I placed both hands over it.

This was it.

I was holding our fate in my hands.

I glanced up at the mirror when I felt Will's presence behind me. He placed his hands on my shoulder and then squeezed softly. He offered me a small smile through the glass and as hard as it was to, I faked a smile and lowered my gaze

He was dressed in a grey suit trouser and a black vest.

"Are you ready?" He asked softly.

Could I ever possibly be ready for this?

I turned away from the mirror slowly and then turned to face him instead, meeting his gaze and he bent down slowly until he was squatting in front of me. He placed his hands on each side of my face, cupping my cheeks as he looked me straight in the eyes.

"I won't let any harm come to you, baby." He said with certainty in his voice. "I promise." He continued and I faked a smile, feeling tears gather in my eyes.

It wasn't myself I was worried about.

I was more worried about my brothers than I was about myself.

About Jason.

I drew in a deep breath and then bit down on my lower lip.

"I know." I said, ruffling his hair softly before I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in. "We should go. It's getting pretty late." I told him, stealing a glance at the wall clock.

I watched the minute hand of the clock hit the number four.

10:20AM.

"Let me grab the keys." He told me, giving me a kiss on my forehead before he stood straight and then disappeared into the walk in closet. I drew in a deep breath and then turned back to the mirror, taking a good look at my reflection this time around.

I hadn't bothered to wear any make up and huge eye bags adorned my eyes.

My eyes were devoid of light, swollen. In my opinion, it was very obvious that I had barely gotten any sleep the previous night. I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled, turning around when I heard my phone ring.

I stood up and then walked towards the bed, leaning down to pick up the phone from the bed.

I stared at the unknown caller ID for a few seconds before I hesitantly made a swipe across the screen, my eyebrows narrowing. I placed the phone close to my ear.

"Good morning, this is Roxi Monroe." Although I'd tried to add a little bit of professionalism into the tone of my voice, I had failed terribly at it and ended up sounding like I was choking on food instead. I was quiet for a few seconds, listening to the voice on the other end.

"Wh-what?"I stammered, my voice breaking as tears began to gather in my eyes. I drew in a deep breath, falling to the bed when I felt my legs give way.

And as I listened to the voice on the other end of the line, it felt like my heart was being ripped right out of my body. I placed my right hand over my mouth, searching for words to say, striving to do something other than stutter but all I could do was scream as the phone fell from my hand.