Everyone Has A Story.

Jason's POV

"You have arrived at your destination. "

I let my eyes survey the small neighborhood the moment my Audi R8 came to a steady spot in front of a small bungalow.

My eyebrows creased as I glanced down at my GPS tracker and then back at the apartment.

Had I entered in the wrong address?

Reaching for my phone, I retrieved Ruby's text message and then read through it one more time.

I was pretty sure I was in the right place.

So what exactly was it?

I turned my attention back to the apartment in front of me,letting my eyes take in the white craftsman bungalow in front of me.

A small garden adorned the side,where an oddly familiar Mercedes Benz was parked.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding and then ran my index finger across my left eyebrow.

She was here.

It was a classic house,I couldn't take that away.

But Eleanor Kent was one of the world's best fashion designers. And Ruby,well, Ruby used to be one of the most sought after ballerinas two years ago.

So what was she doing in a place like this?

I flicked my tongue and then shook my head, reminding myself that I was only here because I needed a break from the real world.

I couldn't have myself get bothered by anything else.

Pulling my seatbelt off,I alighted from the car and made my way to the front door. I climbed up the short flight of stairs and then reached for the doorbell. I pushed it slowly and pursed my lip, tucking my hands in the back pocket of my jeans. I could feel my feet tracing circles on the porch through my air jordans.

Drawing in a deep breath, I bit down on my lower lip and then forced the corners of my lip upwards into a smirk.

Because that was what I did best.... faking it.

The door opened partially almost immediately and Ruby stepped out,her hair parked in a loose ponytail, strands of her hair framing her face.

I furthered my gaze,taking in the sight of her in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black tube top.

Aside from the party and the dinner at my house,this was the first time I'd seen her in something other than her school uniform and unlike the other times I'd seen her,she wasn't wearing any make-up.  Today, I could see the small cluster of freckles that adorned each side of her cheek. Today, I noticed her eyelashes.. long, blonde eyelashes that contrasted her light brown hair.

I felt my eyebrows crease.

Ruby Kent was indeed full of surprises.

I could feel her eyes take me in too, finally stopping on my left arm. I followed her gaze and then felt a smile crawl it's way to my cheek.

She'd never seen my tattoo before.

"You know,if you're done undressing me in your head, I'd like to step away from the sun now. " I smirked.

She raised her eyes instantly, her gaze locking with mine. Her eyes watched me curiously, intently and  suddenly,I felt like she could see right through me...like she could see the broken pieces inside of me.

And I hated it.

I hated that I was feeling this way.

Pulling my hand out of my back pocket,I ran my finger across my eyebrow and then  cleared my throat.