Whiskey And Kisses

Will's POV

I tossed George my car keys as I alighted from the car.

It had been an extremely long day and to say I was just exhausted would be an understatement. I craved for a hot shower and I deserved much more sleep than I was definitely getting.

I climbed up the stairs,grinning cheekily, holding my briefcase in one hand,and a medium sized box in my other hand.

She would never guess what was inside.

It was hard to hide my excitement as I took a left turn,increasing my pace as I made for the room.

I looked down at the screen of my phone to check the time. It was almost midnight.

I wondered if she was sleeping yet.

All of a sudden,I felt eighteen again, dying hard to please the love of my life.

Only this time, I didn't mind. She loved me back.

Roxi loved me.

And that was all I needed.

I pushed the door open as slowly as I could
and then walked in. Thankfully, she wasn't sleeping. She was settled in my side of the bed in a black silk robe,sheets of paper scattered all around her. I could spot her crayons on the bedside table but she had a pen in her hand.

She glanced up from the paper in her hand and then exhaled. Her eyebrows were creased, her eyes full of worry.

"Hey you. " I breathed, shutting the door behind me as I walked in.

"Aren't you home early?" She faked a smile, turning back to the piece of paper in her hand.

Shit.

"Baby,I'm so sorry." I sighed as I moved towards the bed.

If she'd noticed the box in my hand, she wasn't going to ask,I knew that much by now. She was worried and given my past history,her past experience, I didn't blame her. She had every right to be.

She stared at me for a few seconds,her eyes asking all the questions she was scared to voice out.

Where were you?

Who were you with?

"I called the office Will." She shut her eyes,letting out a shaky breath. "I'm sorry I did but I couldn't get through to you." She bit down on her lower lip, opening her eyes. "You left hours ago. So did Alessandra ." She glanced down at her hands. "Please tell me I'm wrong. Tell me you weren't with her." Her last sentence was barely above a whisper.

Shit!

I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.

Her words broke my heart.

Not entirely because she didn't trust me,but also because she was right.

I was with Alessandra.

But not for the reason she thought.

"Hear me out." I approached the bed slowly. I'd definitely not planned for things to go this way. But I was going to try my best to make sure things didn't escalate. I set my briefcase down and then placed the box on the bed. Her eyes followed my every movement until I was settled.

"Do you remember last year in Qater? At the wedding? Emir Aalam?" I asked slowly. She breathed her eyebrows creasing.

"What about it?" She sounded exhausted

"Well,do you remember after the wedding? Dinner on the ferry? The whiskey? You said you'd kill for another taste." I watched her mouth fall as her eyes moved down to the box.

"So I'm at work today and Alessandra,she's going through this brochure. And it had Senator Levine on the back page. I was curious so I asked her to let me have a look." I paused and then ran my fingers through my hair. "Apparently, he was auctioning off some of his stuff. You won't believe what I saw on the second page." I pushed the box towards her.

"Open it."

I watched her draw in a deep breath, taking her bottom lip between her teeth as she reached for the box.

And slowly,I watched her unveil the bottle of Dalmore 62,her left hand placed over her mouth. In a split second,all the doubt and anger in her expression was replaced by guilt and excitement.

I had no idea how she made it work,but she did.

"Obviously, you're going to have to wait till the next six months because whiskey is bad for the bab-"

Her lips were on mine before I could finish.

Of course I didn't hesitate to kiss her back.

And when she tried to pull away, I pulled her closer and deepened the kiss.

It was never enough.

"I'm so sorry I doubted you." She whispered. "I was just so worried and insecure and-" She paused, staring down at her hands once more."I know you'd never hurt me. I'm sorry I lost it for a second. " She spoke all at once and then but down on her lower lip. She looked up, her gaze meeting mine. "I love you. So much." She whispered.

It was music to my ears.

It was joy,and it was happiness,and it was a surge of euphoria through my veins. It was everything I wanted,it was love personified.

I could get used to this.

"What's this?" I picked up the sheet of paper nearest to me. "What's a Gwenwue? Rauan? Meddisem?" I fought back a laugh as I glanced at the piece of paper in my hands.

Gwenivere,Raven,Maddison

Of course,I'd gotten used to Roxi's extremely bad handwriting over the years but teasing her about it once in a while never grew old.

"Are these possible town names for the new cartoon?" I laughed. I couldn't help it. "Cause I'm totally feeling Gwenwue-"

"Oh,shut up." She punched my arm playfully but it only made me laugh harder. "You're an asshole." She forced back a smile,pretending to be offended but after a few seconds, she joined in.

"Keens wife was admitted into the hospital today." She said slowly after the laughter died down. "The doctor thinks she might be suffering from some psychogenic blackouts thingy and I mean considering what she's been through-" She paused and then shook her head. "I needed a distraction and when I couldn't reach you,I thought I'd design a nursery for the new house-"

That explained the crayons.

"But it wasn't working. I went around in circles and somehow I ended up writing baby names." She smacked her lip. I reached for her hands, enveloping them in mine.

I was really glad that she was starting to open up to me.

Even if it was just a little bit.

It was progress.

"I'm really sorry I wasn't there when you called. " I pulled her close,massaging her scalp as she leaned into my chest.

"I know." She breathed. I closed my eyes, concentrating on the sound of her breathing, noting each time her chest rose and each time it fell.

That was until well,there was a knock on the door.

"I know it's pretty late sir,but you have a visitor." It was George at the door. "It's your brother, Mrs. Olsen." He added and I could have sworn felt Roxi tense. She sat up immediately. "Sir Jason." George concluded.

Please dont forget to vote,comment and share.

Love,Chay.