Marshall Arts School

Ruby's POV

The moment I got to New York City, the first thing I'd done was to enroll in Martial Arts School, also known as Gregory Martial School Of Arts.

It hadn't exactly been easy to socialize. It was difficult being the new girl in a community of stuck up rich kids.

No one believed I was actually talented. That was until I proved them all wrong.

It was easier to socialise from that point onwards. I was the best they had. Everyone became my friend and then I had enemies too.

That was of course before my injury two years from which I'd quickly fallen from grace to grass.

I'd gone to being Martial Arts most talented ballet dancer to being the girl nobody understood why she attended an art school.

Yes, my classmates were assholes.

I turned away lazily from my locker and then exhaled loudly. I had drama class next. I could feel the eyes of the students on me as I shut my locker and made for the door to the hallway. They made side talks as I walked but I tried my best not to pay any attention to them. My uniform was a red and black checked plaid skirt, a white shirt and a tie.

"I can't believe she came back here." I heard someone say as I walked past a group of girls.

"She flunked her routine in the semifinals." Someone else said. I drew in a deep breath.

"And there she was feeling all high and mighty."

"She's won it two times already. Its about time someone else won."

I increased my pace.

"I guess she wanted to be a three time winner, just like her mother."

"Didn't they say she'll never be able to dance again?"

"Then why did she come back here? Marshall is an arts school and without ballet, she has nothing-"

Finally!

I walked into the drama hall. The class became quiet all of a sudden. So quiet. One could hear a pin if it dropped, and then it became noisy. Voices rose from all angles till the teacher, Mrs. Vincent rose her right hand,motioning for them to keep quiet.

"You are late,Ruby." She said in her usual high pitched voice.

"I- I know .I'm sorry." I exhaled. She nodded.

"Sit down."

I took my normal seat at the far end of the hall, directly beside the window. That way, if things got too boring in class, I would always have something else to look at.

"Now class. As I was saying, "she paused. "An old student of ours has returned after being away for a couple of years." She paused. The class went quiet instantly. Who was crazy enough to transfer schools in twelfth grade? "A lot of you might know him since he is very popular among kids your age."

No fucking way.

Whoever this was had better be worth it.

Mrs. Vincent was blushing.

"I know you are all very excited to find out who it is and I do hope you will all be on your best behavior when he walks in." She paused and then turned towards the door. "Please come in." She called. Everyone waited in anticipation as the door opened slowly. The scent of his cologne introduce him before he even walked into the lab and when he did, jaws dropped.

This better be a dream!

"Would you like to say something to the class? Mrs. Vincent stepped aside.