The Fortune Teller

Ruby's POV

The music finally came to a halt, and so did I. I stole a quick glance at the wall clock and then sighed. School was over for the day and I had been dancing for three straight hours. I grabbed my towel and wiped the beads of sweat off my face. I was out of breath. I reached for my water bottle and then took a long sip. A pair of tights hugged my legs just beneath the black leotard I wore. I wore my shirt over my leotard and my skirt over my tights, grabbed my bag and then walked towards the door. School was probably empty by this time of the day and nobody would see how hideous I looked right now. My hair was held up in a messy ponytail and I was sweaty as hell. I increased my pace and then headed for the exit before I halted.

I was pretty sure I heard someone moan.

I shook my head and then continued towards the door.

It was none of my business.

But then I heard it again, loud and desperate.

Sounded like a cry for help.

After so much deliberation, I sighed and then headed for the art room. I moved towards the door and then slowly pushed it open. I peered in and a light scoff escaped my mouth.

Of course, it was Brie.

And of course, Jason Monroe had his tongue down her throat.

Her shirt was off and her hands were in his hair. I also didn't miss the quick, continuous movement of his hand under her skirt.

To be honest, I had always tagged Brie as a slut. I rolled my eyes and then shut the door quietly.

It was none of my business.

I made for the school door and then walked out, spotting my black Mercedes among the few cars still parked in the schools parking lot. I opened the door and then got in. I threw my bag on the passengers seat before I started the engine and then drove off.

Jase' POV

"Wait." I pulled away from Brie when I heard the door close softly. "Did you hear that?" I managed to say between ragged breaths. She shook her head and then kissed me again. "Someone's at the door." I pulled away. She let out a sigh of frustration.

"Don't leave."

"I'll be right back." I told her as I walked towards the door. I opened it and then peered outside. Brie was right. There was no one there. I sighed and then made a move to shut the door when something caught my eye. I stood still for a moment before I bent to pick up the silver charm bracelet on the floor. I examined it for a while before I scoffed.

Someone had been watching us. And I knew exactly who it was.

******************************

Kimberly's POV

I rubbed my fingers roughly against each other. My gaze buried outside the window. I drew in a deep breath, savouring the scent of my bedroom for the last time. It was the longest I had stayed in an apartment because of mum and I's constant movement and I had grown to love this room a lot. I was so lost in thoughts, I didn't even notice when my door opened or when my mother walked into the room, grinning like she had just won the lottery. Not until she sat down beside me. I jerked, startled.

"Are you nervous?" She reached for my hand. I looked at her for a short while and then shrugged.

Irrespective of my response to the exact same question twenty four hours ago, my answer was definitely different now. I was nervous as hell.