A Piece Of You

Kimberly's POV

I bit down on my lower lip as Keenan pulled over in front of the mansion.

I was so nervous, considering the fact that the entire ride back had been quiet. I had spent the entire time ogling Keenan and staring at the way his muscles flexed as he drove. I had never seen him drive before, never been in a car with just him before.

The entire ride back, he'd been on the phone with his secretary but this time, he had reached for my hand and he hadn't let go once. He had stolen glances and he had smiled.

Smiled at me.

I was on cloud nine.

I was too lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice he had suddenly stopped talking until he turned to face me.

"What are you thinking about?"

I blinked twice, snapping out of my thoughts before I cleared my throat, an embarrassing smile making it's way to my face.

"It's-" I pursed my lip. "It's not important. "

"Enlighten me." He turned away and removed the key from the ignition. I saw the corner of his lips tilt upwards as he turned to look at me once more,his expression expectant. I bit down on my lip awkwardly and then cleared my throat.

Was he being serious?

"I'll bore you." I said weakly.

"By all means,-" He paused. "Try."

My breath hitched as I felt my cheeks grow hot. I had no doubts I was as red as a tomato. Chuckling,he slowly let go of my hand to undo his seat belt.

"All right, Diane. Good job." I heard him say,double-tapping his airpods to hang up as he opened his door and then alighted from the car. He shut the door behind him. I fidgetted with my seat belt, biting down on my lower lip.

Had his secretary been listening? The entire time?

Diane?

I remembered the detective had referred to Phoebe as Keenan's former secretary. Had he fired her? Why? Undoing my seat belt,I turned as Keenan opened the door to the passenger seat.

"Ready when you are,Mrs. Monroe." He stretched his hand towards me,the corner of his lip tilting upwards. I drew in a deep breath,a quick feeling of déjà vu washing over me as I slipped my hand into his. I liked the warmth of his skin against mine,I liked how his hand easily swallowed mine with ease. I alighted from the car and let him lead me towards the door.

We walked into the house and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Renee smiling kindly at me from behind the pillar where she stood as we climbed up the stairs. When we took a right turn, I realized then that we weren't going to my room. We were going to his- Keenans.

He pulled one of the double brown doors open and then walked in,pulling me in behind him. I took another step forward and then glanced around. The last time I was here was when I passed out in my bathtub.

Meeting Keenan's gaze,I drew in a deep breath and then bit down on my lower lip.

"Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." He said.

Keenan's POV

I drew in a deep breath, my eyes narrowed in concentration as I stared at the hair dryer in my hands.

The last time I had handled one of these,I was about nineteen. Back when I was in high school, I often helped Roxi blowdry her afro. She had hated the fact that she spent so much time trying to tame her thick curls and everytime,I would be the jobless older brother willing to play afro-knight.

Smiling faintly at the memory, I ran my fingers through Kimberly's straight, damp hair and then turned the hair dryer on,meeting her gaze in the mirror. Kimberly's hair texture  was a lot different from Roxi's so I was sure it wasn't going to be as difficult as handling Roxi's hair.

To be honest,she looked terrified and unsure despite how many times I had assured her that I had it all under control. It was comical really.

"Are you sure you have any idea when you're doing?" She asked, doubtful as I began to apply heat to her hair,massaging her scalp softly with my other hand.

"Of course." I said,noticing that she was getting more relaxed by the second.

I bet my billions it felt good.

"You know, Kimberly, there's a lot more to me than just a billionaire in fancy suits." I blurted as I held her hair up to blow dry the bottom. I could feel her gaze on me through the glass and honestly, it was adorable that she was staring.

"Give me a piece of you,Keenan." She said slowly after a moment. Allowing myself meet her gaze in the mirror,I flicked my tongue over my lower lip.

"This is a piece of me." I said, reaching for her hairbrush on the table. "Your turn." I told her. She was quiet for a few seconds before she lowered her gaze.

"When I was much younger, my mother gave me over as collateral to some Russian gang leader in exchange for some- loan." She shrugged. "Every single day, for the two months I spent with them,I would sit by the window wondering if she would even come back. I always believed that she  had it in her to just- leave and never look back. I thought that my life would be so much better without her in it." She flicked her tongue over her lower lip, raising her gaze to meet mine once more. "But now that she's gone I just, miss her so much and I would do anything to get her back." She finished and then drew in a deep breath.

I swallowed hard, feeling a pang of guilt.

But I was actually impressed at how well she was holding up.

"Your mother loved you very much,Kim." I told her as I lowered the dryer and the hairbrush. She turned to face me.

"I know." She offered me a small smile. I smiled back, despite the tightening in my chest area. She opened her mouth to say something when my phone rang,cutting her off. I glanced at the phone on the table,drawing in a deep breath when I saw Andre's name as the caller ID.

I let out an exasperated sigh,offering Kimberly an apologetic sigh as I reached for my phone and then picked it up. Making a swipe over the screen,I accepted the call and then turned away from the mirror,placing a hand on my hip.

"Andr-"

"I-I dont, I don't know what happened, Keen. I swear to God. T-things were good between us last night a-and I woke up and there was b-blood everywhere. I-I did this. W-what have I done? What have I done,Keen? I don't know how to fix this-"

Shit!

"Andre!" I snapped at him even though I didn't mean to. "Calm the fuck down and tell me what happened." I told him. He was quiet for a few seconds before he began to sob.

"It's Mum,Keen." He said. "I think I hurt mum. Badly."

Here's a little bit of Keenan and Kimberly for us all😍.

Please, stay with me through this and don't get confused. Ask questions if you have any. Plus,the chemisrty in the chapter "bad for you " happened in Bahamas in case there's any confusion about the last time Kimberly was in Keenans room being after she passed out in the tub.

Please don't forget to vote,comment and share. Don't be a silent reader.

Love,Chay.