The Detective

Keenan's POV

I frowned.

"So,you don't believe I murdered Miss Grayson?" I raised an eyebrow. Jared tossed the cigarette to the other side of his mouth. "Then why exactly am I here, detective?"

"I'm saying if there's something you're hiding,now would be the best time to you know--"he paused."Come clean." He ran his hands through one of his braids and it made me wonder how on earth someone like him became a cop. Although I had to admit,he was pretty good at what he did. "You've been sending a lot of money to Miss Grayson's account in the past couple months. Huge money." I watched as his fingers began to draw circles on the table. "What were you trying to buy?" He paused. "Time? Silence?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Information." I answered indifferently. "Miss Grayson sold information on people. You should know that. But she didn't talk cheap."

"Well apparently, she hasn't talked much in the past couple hours." He joked. I clicked my tongue and then glanced down at my wristwatch.

Apparently,I had bought enough time..... Or so I hoped.

"As much as I would love to sit here and kid around with you Jared,I have to go." I stood up and then adjusted my blazer. He eyed me for a few seconds.

"I didn't say we were done yet."

"Well,I'm done." I said with a tone of finality. "And since you have nothing important to talk about-" I made for the door."Tell the deputy I dropped by." I stopped in front of the metal door. I glanced back at him. "Well?"

"We're done. Let him through." He announced. It took only a few seconds before the metal door creaked open. I walked out and then halted.

"Jared?"

He pulled the cigarette from his mouth and then let out a puff of some and I was quick to notice the dim orange light at the opposite end of the cigarette.

Go figure,Keenan.

"Nice shoes." I smirked and then turned away. I faked a smile as I retrieved my cell phones from one of the cops outside and then looked around. I couldn't spot Paul anywhere but the two other guards around the corner were hard to miss. I walked towards them and whatever conversation they seemed to have been involved in came to a stop. I drew in a deep breath.

"Let's go." I nodded and then made for the exit. I didn't wait for their response but I could tell they were following behind me. I pulled the door open and as expected, a swarm of hungry reporters came at me.

"Mr. Monroe,how was your investigation?"

"Do you think you can escape this?"

"Did you really murder Miss Grayson?"

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Like anyone would admit they murdered someone on live television.

I moved towards my car packed some few paces away,the guards trying their best to keep the reporters at a reasonable distance.

"Miss Grayson was seen walking in and out of Monroe and Co on regular basis. Did you two meet up?"

"If you did,what did you talk abou---" one of the guards held the door open for me. I got in and then shut the door behind me,shutting them out. I sighed and then turned bit so I was facing the side.