School Trip

Ruby's POV

"That will be all for today." Mr.
Belvedere said, just as the school bell rang for recess.

He was so time conscious.

The class became filled with murmurs almost immediately. I stacked my books neatly and then picked them up.

"Before you go--" Mr. Belvedere said, his voice a little louder than the usual to calm the class down a little. "Before you go--" He repeated,seeing as he had gotten some of that attention back. "I would like to make a little announcement." He said.

Groans and grumbles filled the class immediately.... Though most of them were from the boys.

"I would advice you to stay but if you feel like you've got other important things to do, you're free to go. This announcement is strictly for interested students only." He said, his words seeming a little strained because of his accent. A wry smile spread on his face when no one stood up to leave. "Very good." He continued, stuffing both hands in his pocket. I noticed the girls in front chuckle and play with their hair, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Now,I mentioned something about your school trip the last time I was here. You would do well to remember that." He paused to look around,observing the atmosphere in the classroom. "I want to inform you all that a date and location has been chosen." He paused again,seemingly enjoying the suspense he was leaving us in.

"Before I call out the location,I want to let you know that this decision was not made solely by me. It took deep consideration with some of--"

"Just fucking say the location, man!" Damon yelled from his seat which apparently wasn't too far from where I sat.

"Language,Deamon." Mr. Belvedere feigned disappointment as he turned to face him. I heard some of the girls in front chuckle but I could tell Damon was very upset.

"Its Damon." He muttered.

"Anyway-" Mr. Belvedere continued, totally ignoring Damon to talk to the rest of the class. "You guys will be spending three days in New Jersey!" He announced. Excited chatters filled the classroom immediately.
"If you're interested, Please drop by the teachers room to pick up a consent form for your parents to sign." He added when the excitement finally died down a little. "I'm aware that some of you have already started with your project already. But for those of you who haven't, I advice that you take this trip very seriously and pay close attention to the details. It takes a second to get an idea that can change your life. And a lot can happen in three days." He paused and then looked around. "Have a nice day,students." He grabbed his file and then walked away.

The class became noisy as hell the moment he walked out the doors. Unfortunately, I had no one to share my excitement with since Jessica had a severe hangover and couldn't make it to school today. I grabbed my books and then made for the door. I was pretty serious Jase hadn't made a single remark the entire class.

But I didn't care..

Or so I told myself.

Kimberly's POV

"Just tell him what you know." Keenan said as we walked though the thin hallway leading to the interrogation room. "If the pressure gets too much,tell him you can't deal. Paul and I will be right here waiting for you." He said as we stopped in front of the medium sized square glass. I looked in at the metal table with two not very comfortable looking metal chairs on each side. I nodded just before someone pulled the door open.

"Kimberly Monroe." A tan skinned, average man on dreads poked his head out the metal door. "Please come in." He told me. I took one last look at Keenan before I walked into the interrogation room. The man was already seated so I took the seat across him and then turned to the direction of the glass.

Glass on the outside.....mirror on the inside.

At least, I looked better than I did some hours ago.

The man in front of me cleared his throat, demanding my attention. I turned to face him.

"I'm Jared." He started, running his hand smoothly against one of his braids. "Detective Jared. I'm just going to ask you a few questions concerning--" He paused. "A couple things." He continued. I nodded.

"From my research,I noticed that you and Gloria Monroe shared a relationship--"

"She was my mum." I cut him off.

"Oh--" He paused. "I'm sorry for your loss." He said flatly. "She was famous, you know? Your mother?" He asked. I drew in a deep breath. I knew exactly where he was going.

"She did a lot of things she shouldn't have. I'm well aware." I told him. He nodded.

"How about your husband? Did he and your mother get along?" He raised an eyebrow. I looked at him, quiet for a few seconds.

"Just enough." I answered quietly. He nodded.

"Okay." He propped his elbows on the table and then dropped a picture in front of me. "This is  you,isn't it?" He asked. I looked at him for a moment before I looked down at the picture. It was a picture of me with my mystery Monroe at the Monroe party. "You and Keenan?" He asked.

My eyebrows fell but for some reason, deep down I was glad it was him.

"Y--yes." I stammered.

"And this is your mother?" He pointed at an angle above the stairs, not too far away from where Keenan and I stood. I squinted. He was right.

It was mum..

But there was someone beside her in the picture. A blonde in a blue shiny silk dress. She wore a mask just like every other woman in the hall but something about her appealed to me.

She was familiar..... Oddly familiar.

"Mrs. Monroe." Detective Jared called,snapping me right out of my thoughts. I jerked and then exhaled.

"I'm--I'm sorry I spaced out." I told him. He looked at me for a few seconds,his eyes watching me closely.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "You seem pretty shaken."

"I'm fine." I assured him and then turned back to the picture. "That's my mum." I nodded. He remained quiet for a few seconds as though he was considering whether or not to continue.

"And do you know who she is? The other lady." He pointed at the woman who stood beside mum. I stared at the picture for a few seconds. My head screamed one thing thing but I refused to believe it. I didn't want to.

There was no way.

She wasn't even aware the Monroe's were having a party until I told her mum and I were going.

I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.

Maybe this was the reason for my dreams... the reason why I couldn't let go of my memory of the Monroe party. Maybe my subconscious had been trying to tell me all along.....to remind me.

"Mrs. Monroe?" He called again, a little bit of concern in his voice.

"Isabelle." I blurted out before I could control myself. "Isabelle Grayson."

Short A/N

Well, it just keeps on getting more and more mysterious, don't it😃.

I guess we're one step closer to solving this mystery though😏.( Any detectives in the house??😁)

Please don't forget to hit the star★ ☆ below.

--Love,Chay.