Strangers.

Sometimes you meet a person and you just click. You're comfortable with them like you've known them your whole life and you don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything- Likelovequotes.com

Kimberly's POV

The wedding bells chimed!!!

I sat straight, my back erect, my fingers rubbing against each other roughly and my eyes glued to the full length mirror in front of me. My breath ragged, my heart was racing and my head was spinning. I drew in deep breaths and then exhaled loudly before the door flew open, making me turn two-seventy degrees towards it. I let out a deep breath and then stood up immediately. Andre walked towards me. His steps slow and calculated.

He and Keenan had a lot more in common than just their genes.

He was wearing a white and grey Armani suit and God did he look dashing. My palms were sweaty and I felt overly conscious of the heavy make up I was wearing. He stopped in front of me and his eyes taking me in for a short moment before he spoke.

"You look beautiful." He paused."You are beautiful." He continued. I don't know why exactly but I felt my cheeks heat up at his compliment. This was the longest conversation we had shared since the Monroe party. That is, if it was him at the Monroe party. I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled. Silence filled the room for a short moment.

"You're nervous." He said after a while. I watched him in total silence for a moment. Usually, under no circumstance would I admit to the fact that I was on the verge of loosing my mind, but I was and I needed somebody to talk to. He seemed really eager to listen too.

"I'm freaking out." I faked a chuckle.

"Well, you don't have to be." He tucked his left hand in his pocket as he placed his right hand on the dressing table to support himself as he leaned against it. I watched him with slight curiosity as he moved.

"This is your wedding." He paused. "And those are your soon to be family relatives out there. They all came here for you, because of you. This wedding is yours and it's all about you." He continued.

"Its all about me." I muttered under my breath.

"So, when you walk down that aisle, bear it in mind that you control everything." he continued.

"I control everything." I repeated like someone who was being hypnotized and then nodded.

'Was he making any sense?'

Definitely.

'Did I feel less nervous?'

Not a chance.

But I didn't want him to know that all his efforts had been in vain so I plastered a smile on my face.

"That's more like it." He smiled, moving away from the table. "Are you ready?" he stretched his arm towards me. I hesitated for a while before I took his hand.

"I am." I drew in a deep breath and then nodded. He led me towards the door and then halted when we were in front of it.

"If you're going to convince people that you're truly happy with this marriage, you're going to have to try a little bit harder." He paused. "I may have bought the smile, but the rest of the world might not." He smiled at the surprised look on my face. "Let's go?" He asked and with that, he led me into the church.

The congregation stood as I walked down the aisle. It was a small crowd since Keenan had been very strict about the family and friends only rule. I could spot some familiar faces from the crowd. Mum, Roxi, Elizabeth. I calmed down a bit. They were all smiling at me. Andre was right. It was all about me.

I let my eyes search the crowd for a few more seconds before they reached him. Our eyes met and I felt my heart skip a beat.

He was so good looking.

He took my hand the moment Andre and I got to where he stood and together, we walked towards the alter. We listened to the Priest talk for a while that seemed like forever before he turned to me.

"Do you Kimberly Hastings take Keenan Monroe to be your lawfully wedded husband? To be with him in sickness and in health for richer and for poorer, to love and to cherish till death do you part?" He asked me. I stole a quick glance at mother and then nodded.

"I do." I slid the ring onto his finger.

"And do you, Keenan Monroe take Kimberly Hastings to be your lawfully wedded wife? To be with her in sickness and in health,for richer and poorer,to love and to cherish her till death do you part?" He asked him. Keenan looked at me for a moment, causing my heart to beat faster. Piercing silence filled the church and for a short moment, his deep dark eyes never leaving mine. I felt my stomach cringe. I thought he was going to say no but then he drew in a deep breath and a smile spread across his face.

"I want nothing more." He said finally. The words came out so easily and effortlessly from his mouth. I almost believed them.

"Then with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest announced. "You may now kiss the bride."
Those words played over and over again in my head. The feeling of Keenan's hand on my waist sent a thousand vibes down my spine and when he pulled me close, I realized I had stopped breathing.

His breath was hot against my skin,his breath minty.

And then he kissed me.

To be honest, I was expecting a little kiss on the cheek, or a slight kiss on the lip that occurred in false weddings in most movies so, it surprised me when his lips found mine.

His lips moved against mine softly, but his grip on my waist was firm.

I was even more surprised at myself when I kissed him back, my hand finding it's way to his hair. I was out of breath when he finally pulled away.

Our first kiss.

His gaze lingered on me for a moment before he looked away.

Had he felt it too? The tingling sensation when our skins touched?

I finally looked away from him and then turned back to the guests who were clapping their hearts out. I stole a quick glance at him one more time before the guests came rushing forward with their congratulations. I watched him greet them warmly, an almost genuine smile plastered to his face. I slowly broke my gaze away and in that moment, I decided I had to be careful.

He made me feel things. I wasn't sure what exactly they were or how much they had grown, but whatever it was I was feeling, I had to tame them. I had to tame them fast.