Crap.

"Perfect." He moved away and then I exhaled, glad to finally be able to breathe again. "Kent,do not move." He walked past me and then moved towards his canvas. My eyes followed him but he kept his gaze focused on his palette as he mixed his paint in it.

And deep down in my heart,I had a gut feeling that even though he pretended not to care, what he saw affected him more than he'd like to admit.

Bad boys are mean to the girls they like.

I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.

"Jason,if you don't mind,I uhm-" I pursed my lip and then breathed. "I don't want my scar in the painting. " I muttered under my breath.

He glanced up at me and even though it was for a few seconds, I could have sworn I saw something other than his usual "I couldn't care less facade" flash through his eyes.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it but it was something.

And then he nodded,turning back to his paint.

"You really are something, aren't you? Ruby Kent."He breathed as he moved towards the canvas. I watched him hands begin to move on the canvas, his eyes constantly looking up at me as he painted.

His eyes were narrowed, his bottom lip tucked between his teeth.

He glanced up at me, once more, his eyes meeting mine before he lowered his gaze to the canvas once more.

"You know Ruby," He started, dipping his brush into his palette. "If you're going to stare, then maybe you should do the painting instead." He said, the corners of his mouth tilting upwards. I rolled my eyes.

"You said not to move." I told him, shrugging. "Don't flatter yourself." I added.

He looked up at me, his lips slightly parted like he was going to say something but then he paused and then drew in a sharp breath, his eyes dropping from my face. I watched his eyes scan through my body for a brief moment before he swallowed and then turned back to the canvas.
I watched his hands work, feeling my cheeks tingle as they turned red.

I didn't exactly consider myself an attractive person.

I wasn't an eyesore but my legs were long and thin, and I was extremely thankful my leotard was a round-neck so it covered my collarbone which was usually the highlight of my figure whenever I wore a low v-neck.

I lowered my gaze and then tucked my lower lip between my teeth, biting down softly on it.

This was a ridiculous idea.

"I said not to move, Kent." Jason called softly, the sound of his voice interrupting my thoughts. I looked up at him and then rolled my eyes. "The suns rising." He muttered under his breath, shifting his gaze towards the window and when I tried to turn around, he clicked his tongue. "Don't move." He reminded me. I felt the corner of my lips tug upwards.

"You must really be enjoying this." I told him. He met my gaze for a brief second, the corner of his lips tilting upwards until his expression mirrored mine.

"You have no idea." He told me.

Jason's POV

It wasn't her first time.

The night on the bridge wasn't the first time Ruby had tried to commit suicide.

I couldn't understand it.

I couldn't understand why someone as perfect as Ruby would want to end her own life, over and over again.

The more you look, the less you see.

There was more to this girl standing in front of me than I could ever have imagined.

And I could see it now.

That through the mess my siblings and I created, Ruby was the one thing I did right.

Saving Ruby was the one thing I did right.

It was scary to think that if Samuel hadn't shown up at the party that night, and if I hadn't run away, then chances were Ruby would have died that night because there would have been nobody on the bridge to save her.

All of a sudden, I wanted to know why.

Why she was on the bridge that night.

Why she had slit her wrist.

I wanted to know what the reason was, what the thing was that was so bad, it pushed her to the point where she actually attempted ending her own life, twice.

I wanted to hear Ruby's story.

I wanted to see the realness behind the facade she was putting on.

But now wasn't the right time.

Maybe when all of this was over. When I had finally atoned for all my sins. I didn't care if she was terrified of me after the truth came out, whenever I was ready, I would crash land into her life again just like I had done this time.

One of the reasons why I had even agreed to meet today was so I could return her bracelet. I had held on to it for long enough and now, it seemed like there was a lot more sentiment attached to the bracelet than I had thought.

But now that I thought about it carefully, I would hold on to it for a little bit longer.

Because Ruby Kent had been marked by me.
And I just happened to never go away.

Unless of course, it was prison related.

Sequel?

Maybe, I don't know. Lol

Vote, comment and share.

Love, Chay.