Roses and Candles

TW: mentions Sexual abuse/r*pe/torture. Suki will address what had happened to her.
————-
Suki crept toward Sokka's tent. He had told her at dinner to meet him in his tent.

"Oomph!" Suki looked up to see the Fire Nation prince. Her face flushed. She was sure he knew what was up.

"Oops! Wrong tent!" She lied through her teeth.

Zuko asked innocently, "Oh. Sorry! Um... do you need to talk to Sokka too?"

Suki's eyes widened.

Shit, he knows.

"Nope! Not me!" She turned away and scurried off to sit by a rock.

Leave, Prince Zuko

An hour passed and Suki heard his voice, "Psst. Suki!"

Suki smiled and made her way into his tent. Her senses were met with the warm glow of the candles and the lovely aroma of roses and lavenders.

She brought her hand to her lips and slightly gasped. Tears pricked her eyes as she glanced at Sokka who was smiling brightly, "Sokka...it's beautiful."

His cheeks flushed, "Do you like it?!"

She sat down next to him and hugged him, "It's so lovely Sokka! But where did you find all of this? She kissed his cheek, "Thank you."

He smiled at her, "I have my ways and you're welcome!"

They gazed lovingly into each other. His eyes of beautiful blue clashed with her indigo specks. Sokka was entranced by her beauty, her smile,  her aura, and just her.

The young Water Tribe warrior leaned in to kiss the beautiful Kyoshi Warrior. Suki's breath hitched as she accepted his affections. The two began to passionately make out with the warmth of the candles and the scent of the lavenders surrounding them. Sokka kissed down her neck and ran his hands through her hair as Suki slightly dug her nails into his neck in response.

Sokka, completely aroused by her, continued down her body. He worshipped it with his touch.

Even though his intentions were anything but malicious. Anxiety spiked in Suki as he neared her lower regions.

Flashes of the guards kissing down her body haunted her mind and she began to shake. Not out of pleasure but out of fear.

"Sokka." She squeaked, "Please Stop." She tried to hold herself together but she couldn't. She jutted his face with her knee and began to cry.

Sokka stopped, "Suki." He held her face and brushed away her tears, "I-I'm Sorry. I'm sorry."

"No. N-no I'm sorry. I'm so pathetic." She continued to cry into his hand. Sokka pulled her in and stroked her hair with care, occasionally kissing the side of her head in efforts to calm her down.

"Suks, what happened?"

"It's too hard to say in words. I cant it's- it's too painful and-"  She sniffled and coughed. Sokka stayed and held her.

"I'm so pathetic. I'm sorry."

"Suki stop that. You are not!"

"Yes, I am Sokka. I let them do it to me. I- I let them. I- c-couldn't protect myself and-" She chocked.

Sokka's eyes were wide. His blood began to boil. He knew what had happened. "Suki...did they?"

She whined and nodded her head. Sokka's expression softened and he pulled her head into the crook of his neck and held it. He rubbed her hair and kissed her head over and over. Suki shifted the rest of her body to curl up in his lap. Sokka took one arm and pulled her even closer.

There was a good thirty minutes of silence, beside Suki's sniffles and the occasional, "I'm here." from Sokka.

Her tears dared to spill out as she uttered, "They did it almost everyday Sokka. Every fucking night. They would hit me and yell and and-" Suki inhaled short little breaths but she couldn't bring herself to exhale

 He lovingly held her face in his hands, making sure to rub her cheekbones with his thumbs,  "You're safe with me Suki. I will never ever hurt you like that. I will wait as long as you need me too. Remember when I promised you that in Ba Sing Se? That applies now and forever. I will wait as long as you need me too and if the time never comes then so be it. As long as you are in my life, I don't care if we ever have sex. Do not worry about me. All that matters is that you're here and safe with me. And I will love you. Okay? How does that sound?"

A small smile crept her way onto her face, "Okay."

The boy leaned in to kiss her sweetly,  letting her know that everything he said was true.

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

Suki looked down at her prison uniform. She hated it. She hated it so much, "Do you have extra clothes?"

Sokka raised his eyebrow, "Yes. Why?"

She looked at him shyly, "Can I wear them...this shirt. These pants. I just can't-" Suki's facial expression saddened.

Sokka leaned in to kiss her forehead, "Of course."

He stood up and ruffled through his bag. He pulled out a pair of pants and a basic, long water tribe tunic.

He sat down, "Okay, let's get you changed. Can I take your shirt off?"

Suki look him softly in the eye and nodded. Sokka began to lift her shirt off. She still had bruises on her ribs, "You should get those fixed by Katara." He met her eyes and she nodded slightly.

"Okay Suks, arms up!" Suki put her arms up. Sokka tickled her armpit which made her snort and smile. Sokka chuckled and slipped his tunic over her head.

"You look cute in my clothes." He pinched her cheek softly and blushed.

"Thanks, pretty boy."

Sokka handed her the pants. Suki took her prison slacks off and slipped on Sokka's pants.

She turned around the face him, "Ta-da!"

Sokka chuckled, "You're so beautiful and cute. Come here!"

Suki went to him and laid her head on his lap.

That evening was filled with, giggles, cuddles, banter, and love.
——————————————
A/n: I know it is popular to think that Suki and Sokka did the deed that night (trust me I think so too!) But while I thought about I think it unrealistic given that she was probably abused in prison. It's important to always make sure the person is okay before you touch them which I think is very important in their relationship given this isn't Suki's first time being sexually abused.  Many women who are incarcerated are sexually abused by the law enforcement in order to gain something over them which is the unfortunate truth in many many prisons. Knowing the fire nation, it probably happened there as well.