The Serpent's Pass

The waves crashed against the pass as everyone stirred and stretched awake.

Sokka and Suki slept peacefully through the night. No night terrors or nightmares. Sokka slowly woke up. His eyesight was blinded by the sunlight and the blurriness of morning glory. He angled his head down to see his beautiful Suki sleeping peacefully on his chest.

"Spirits, she's so beautiful" He whispered softly.

Suki moved a bit in her sleep and nuzzled her face into his chest which made Sokka's heart leap. Sokka brushed her hair out of her face and her eyes fluttered open. Suki looked up at him and smiled, "Good morning pretty boy." She whispered sweetly.

Sokka's heart melted at the sound of her voice. It was strong and stern but it was also soft feminine. When she whispered it was like she was a song sparrow singing him its sweet melodies.

He gazed into her violet eyes and smiled slightly, "Good morning Suki!" Suki blushed and buried her face in his chest and he held her head of auburn close to him. They laid there absorbing each other for a good ten minutes.

"Suki, we gotta get up," Sokka whispered.

"Okay," Suki said quietly.

The two lovebirds sat up and smiled at each other. They sat there, curiously taking each other in. Suki began to giggle out of embarrassment.

"You're so cute," Sokka remarked. Suki flicked her gaze to him and blushed.

"What a dork," She thought.

"Hey, Suki breakfast is...oh." Katara's voice cracked as she saw Suki and Sokka in the same sleeping bag. "Hi, big brother..."

"Hey, Katara!" Sokka got up as if nothing had happened and Suki followed leaving a very confused Katara. She shrugged and followed them out.

After breakfast, the group set out to walk the Serpents Pass. They walked for four hours. During those four hours, Sokka and Suki walked hand and hand together. They talked about anything and everything. Sokka loved listening to Suki chatter. Spending time with her was so precious to him and he loved getting to know her. Suki reciprocated his feelings.

"So Suki, what's your favorite color." He smiled at her as he tangled his hand in hers.

"Blue."

"Why blue?"

She thought for a moment and smiled, "Because blue reminds me of your eyes." Sokka blushed profusely. She cough awkwardly, "Eww, sorry, that was very cringey."

"No, it was cute." Her shoulders scrunched up and Sokka's heart fluttered at her awkwardness. He kissed her temple and they continue to walk.

"Eww, can you guys keep your kissing and stuff to yourself? I may be blind but I can see everything." Toph gagged and Katara giggled.

The group walked for another ten minutes until they reached the split between the pass.

"What do we do now?" The women asked.

Katara and Aang began to part the sea with their water ending. Katara then encased the group in an air bubble. They walked for a few minutes. The ocean was a beautiful sight underwater. A shadow loomed over the group.

SLICE

The group panicked but With Toph's quick thinking, they were earth bent onto a mini island out of the water. A giant serpent circled them, hungry for flesh.

"I THINK I KNOW WHY THEY CALL IT THE SERPENT'S PASS," Sokka grabbed onto Suki, "SUKI DO SOMETHING!"

She pulled her arm away and protested, "JUST BECAUSE I LIVE NEAR THE UNAGI DOESN'T MEAN I KNOW HOW TO TAME THIS THING!"