Stay with me?

The world fell into a peaceful silence as night fell over the Serpent's Pass.

Sokka laid in his tent awake and unable to sleep. He was so...confused. Yue or Suki. Yue or Suki. Yue or Suki... he didn't know. He wanted to be with Suki. He liked her so much, he might even love her. Sokka wasn't sure yet but he knew that he cared about Suki very deeply. He might even have a little crush on her. Did he? He didn't exactly know what his feelings for Suki were but he knew that it was wrong to act on them in front of the moon.

Shortly after, he slipped into sleep and into dreamland.

"Sokka." echoed a voice.

His surroundings were misty. Almost like a dream.

"Who is it?"

A beautiful, angelic spirit floated down.

"Yue?"

"It's me Sokka." Her face was so calm and serene.

"I-I'm so sorry, Yue, " dropped to his knees and began to sob, "I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Yue. I-"

She held his face and leaned down and looked him in the eye, "Sokka, let go..." She floated away like she did when she became the moon spirit.

Sokka woke up from his slumber. He put his knees to his chest and buried his head into them.

Let go. Let go. Let go.

Just then, a bloodcurdling scream made its way through the camp. Sokka jumped and got out of his tent. Who could it be? 

Suki.

He rushed to her tent. She was thrashing in her sleep. Her face that always had a smile on it was now contorted. She was rambling and tears streaked her beautiful face. Sokka's heart broke. She was having night terrors. He crouched by her side and shook her

"S-suki wake up!" She didn't wake up. She continued to cry, thrash, and ramble in her sleep. Sokka's heart shattered seeing her like this.

He lifted her body up and sat her between his legs, letting her sink into his embrace. Suki continued to tremble and cry. Sokka held her, stroked her hair, and kissed her head, "Suki wake up, please."Her body stopped thrashing as he held her so that was a good sign."Why am I...holding her like this..." He snuggled her closely still stroking her head, "Do I like her?" He thought. Her sobs were reduced to a sniffle.

"Sokka don't leave me..." Suki croaked at barely above a whisper. He tilted her head back to get a good look at her. Her hair was damp with sweat and her face was stained with her tears. Everything about her was just...heartbreaking. Tears began to form in Sokka's eyes, "No Suki," He pulled her backside toward him and nestled his face into her hair, "I would never."He rubbed her cheek pleading for her to wake up from her nightmare. Tears began to fall from his face as the thought of abandoning Suki tore its way tragically through his heart, "I care about you too much."

Thinking about her in that moment made Sokka realize something very important. He was willing to do anything for this girl. He wanted to hold her and kiss her. He wanted to be with her when she was sad, happy, scared, angry... He wanted to be with her through everything. He would even risk his life and die for her. It was at that moment that he realized... that he loved Suki. That's why he wanted to be there for her. He loved her and he didn't even realize it until now.

She began to relax in his embrace. Her face softened as she opened her eyes to see Sokka. "S-Sokka?" She looked up at him and her lip quivered.

"Hi, Suki" he cooed. Sokka smiled at her through his tears. She turned around to face him and wrapped her legs around his torso to bring herself as close to him as close as possible.