t h i r t y - f i v e

Everyone makes their way to the activity building and I linger behind, Harry still beside me.

"Do you want to head over there?" Harry questions finally, giving me a concerned look.

I nod, not saying a word as we make our way to the activity building.

Harry pushes opened the door and I trail into behind him. I'm met with the smell of many different foods and a lot of noise. People at sat at tables and socializing, quite loudly might I add.

I softly tug on Harry's shirt, grabbing his attention.

"Hey Harry, I think I saw my mom here." I frown.

Harry gives me a look before speaking, "Are you sure it was her?"

I nod my head quickly, I know it was her. Like I said before, I could spot my mother now matter her appearance. She has a certain way of carrying herself and certain mannerisms I would always pick up on.

My eyes scan the room, searching for my mother but I can't seem to spot her in the crowds of people.

I let out a big sigh.

"I'm going to the restroom." I announce to Harry, parting from him to make my way to the bathroom.

I enter the room, taking a look at myself in the mirror about the sinks.

I don't look so good, I think to myself. I brush my hair out of my self and continue examining myself, my eyes have dark circles under them due to stress, and my hair is a mess.

"Funny seeing you here." I hear a familiar voice behind me and I turn around only to be met with my mother.

I gulp, realizing it's really her.

"What are you doing here?" I question, choosing my words carefully.

"What do you think? My brother passed away and the least I can do is show up to the funeral." My mother snaps, fixing her now, blonde hair in the mirror. She's standing right beside me now.

I find myself leaning away, not trusting her.

"What's the matter, dear? Aren't you happy to see me?" She snickers and I roll my eyes.

"Seriously? You pretended like you had no clue who I was just a few weeks ago!" I shout, startling her and myself.

"I'm sorry Dear, but I've got a reputation to keep up and I can't have people knowing about my past." My mother smirks, then begins reapplying her red lipstick. I find myself scoffing and rolling my eyes at her.

"Hey, I'm still your mother! Don't roll your eyes at me." She barks.

"You may be my mother by birth, but aunt Clare is more of a mother to me than you'll ever be." I retaliate, absolutely astounded by her behavior.

"Oh what? Because she gave you everything you want?" My mother questions rhetorically, "You're just a spoiled little brat now, Aren't you?" She spits out.

I feel tears demanding to escape my eyes but I hold them back, I cannot let her see me cry.

"And you're a bitch." I growl and turn on my heels, exciting the bathroom.

I quickly rush into the dining hall of the activity building, searching for Harry. I groan as I attempt to stand on my tippy toes and look over people to try to spot Harry, but fail.

I make my way through the crowds, finally making my way to the door. Once outside, I find my way to the car and pray that Harry didn't lock it before we went inside.

As I approach the black Range Rover, I let out a sigh of relief, realizing it's unlocked. I quickly hop into the passenger seat and search for my phone, obtaining it from my pocket. I type his name into my contacts and click his name, waiting for him to answer my call.

After six rings, it goes to voicemail and I let out a frustrated groan.

I decide to text him instead, hoping he'll see that.

From: Grace
Hey, I'm in the car. I'm ready to go back to your house. :(

I quickly type out the message and click send.

After a few minutes, my phone rings and I'm pleased to see Harry's name on my phone.

"Hello?" I say, clicking my phone onto speaker.

"Hey baby, I'm coming to the car. Give me just a minute." Harry's voice fills the car and I feel a wave of relief wash over myself.

"Okay, just hurry please." I speak softly, feelings defeated at this point.

"I will." He replies sweetly.

We say our goodbyes and he hangs up. I look out the window and find him walking towards the car.

Harry gets into the car and doesn't say a word, starting the engine.

"Are you alright?" He questions, finally looking over at me.

"I just want to go home." I mutter and then cover my face with my hands, tears spilling from my eyes.

"Oh baby, it's okay," Harry coos softly, his hand coming into contact with my back.

I continue to let out sobs, tears spilling into my cheeks.

"Today has been hard for you, and I know that." Harry breathes out, softly rubbing my lower back.

"I saw my mom, and I talked to her." I choke out, attempting to collect myself but failing miserably.

Harry continues to comfort me as we sit in the parking lot, caressing my hair and kissing my forehead continuously.

We've probably sat in the parking lot for 30 minutes at this point.

"Let's get home, okay?" Harry speaks.

I feel his thumb pad run across my cheek, brushing away my tears.

"Yes please." I breathe out.

Harry quickly starts driving and we make our way back to his house.

It was nice staying with my aunt, but I need to go to Harry house. My home.