t h i r t y

Grace

"Harry, I'm nervous." I breathe out, picking at my nails as we sit in the waiting room of the therapist office.

"It's okay doll, Lou told me that Doctor Johnson is very nice." Harry says, his hand wandering to my lower back.

"Grace, doctor Johnson will see you know."

I hesitantly get up from my seat and follow the receptionist back to Doctors Johnson's office.

"Hello miss Grace! It's very nice to meet you." Doctor Johnson says warmly as I enter the room.

"It's nice to meet you." I speak timidly, sitting down on the chair across from her.

Her office is very nice and comfortable. There's a plush chair and a couch to sit on, her desk takes up a decent portion of the room, but it's not so big that's it's overbearing or anything. There a pictures of outside scenery hanging on the walls and even a few toys on the shelves that seem to be for children.

"I suppose we've got a lot to talk about." Doctor Johnson smiles and I nod.

"Yes, doctor Johnson, I'm really hoping that talking to you will help me get over my past." I respond, not able to look her in the eye.

"Please, call me Lenna, no need to be formal. This is a safe space after all."

I nod, that makes things a bit better, I'd prefer not to feel like I'm talking to someone who just sees me as a patient. I am a person after all.

"That makes things easier," I smile, "so I wanted to talk to you about my mom." My smile fades and I become serious.

"Let's get started then, dear."

*********

After doing my session with Lenna, I do feel a bit better. It was nice to tell someone who has no bias towards my situation. She was really nice the entire time and truly listened to me, and even helps me come up with ways to cope.

I told her about my past, I didn't go to in depth yet, but I gave her the main details. I even told her about what happened last week at the restaurant.

I've been thinking about my mom a lot lately, since seeing her. It's been hardly lately, I'll be honest. I can't stop thinking about her and I've even had nightmares about past events.

Harry has been really helpful though, always by my side to comfort me and let me talk to him. I'm thankful to have him.

He finished his book last night and finally sent it off. I even got to read some of it and it was really interesting! I can't wait to read the whole thing when I'm able to.

Later tonight, I'm going to hang out with Bella while Harry and Louis go out, which I'm excited for.

I haven't seen her, or anyone really for that matter, since my birthday.

**********

"Hey baby, are you ready to leave?" Harry speaks up as he walks into my room and I nod, shoving the last of my things into my backpack.

"Mhm! Just wanted to bring a few things." I reply, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Let's get going then." He smiles, walking me out to the car.

"Let's remember to behave tonight, I'm a bit nervous about leaving you two alone, but I trust you." Harry starts the car and begins driving to Louis' house.

When we arrive at their house I make my way inside, Harry hot on my trail.

"Let's remember what we talked about in the car, okay Kitten?"