t w e n t y - s i x

Grace

"Wake up, baby." I hear a sweet whisper, and I groan, pulling the blanket over my face to shield my eyes from the light coming through the blinds.

"It's too early." I grumble, nuzzling into a familiar chest.

"But it's your birthday." Harry's voice rings in my ears and I finally pry my eyes opened and look at his beautiful face.

His fingers tangle themselves in my messy brown hair, softly massaging my scalp. I let out a soft hum, my eyes fluttering closed. Harry pulls me further into his grasp, his other arm snaked around my waist.

"I suppose we can cuddle for a bit longer." He states, and I let out a sigh of relief. I do not want to get out of bed yet.

***

My eyes flutter opened and I'm met with an empty bed, Harry no where to be seen. I glance over at the clock on the nightstand and see it's noon. I decide I've slept long enough and force myself out of the bed, slipping my pajama pants on, before heading downstairs.

As I reach the bottom of the stair case, I look around the room and I smile covers my face. While I was asleep, Harry took it upon himself to decorate the house for my birthday.

I will admit, it looks really nice. There's a pennant banner over the fireplace with the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" written on the material. Little streamers and other decorations are hanging from the ceiling, as well. There are even balloons scattered around the ceiling in an organized manner. He really thought this though and put in an effort.

"Is it too much?"

I jump at the sound of his voice, not noticing him enter the room. This causes him to let out a soft chuckle. I roll my eyes playfully before responding.

"It looks amazing." I smile, reassuring him.

"I'm going to have a shower," I announce, shuffling my feet a bit.

"Alright sweetheart, if you need anything, let me know." Harry replies, patting my shoulder before disappearing into the kitchen.

My legs lead me up to the bathroom and I sigh as I close the door. Hastily, I shed my clothes and peek at myself in the mirror.

The longer I look, the more my insecurities seems evident. My brown waves are messy atop my head and my skin is broken out. I run my fingers across my face for a moment, a sigh leaving my lips as I quickly avert my eyes from the mirror, turning away.

I quickly step into the shower, turning the water on. The water flows over my body, easing me a bit. I begin cleaning myself and my hair. My mind drifts to Harry, I wonder what he sees in me? I'm not much to look at.

My brown wavy is hair always seems to be a mess, I have ache, small blemishes covering my face in many places. My body is awful, I seem to have put on more weight recently and I can't forgive myself for that. I just wish I was as pretty as many other girls. Like the ones you seen on television, or in magazines. I'll never look like that sadly, because I am not perfect.

After a few minutes, I'm finally finished. I step out of the shower, my feet meeting the fluffy bath mat. I avoid the mirror, quickly wrapping a towel around myself.

I decide I should probably brush my teeth as well, I do so then head to my room, debating on what I should wear today.

I decide against anything too fancy, not wanting to stand out. I tug my pair of black skinny jeans from the hanger, sliding them onto my legs. I pull up the zipper and do the button. I grab my black lacy bra, placing it on before slipping one of Harry's shirts over myself.