t w e n t y - n i n e

Grace

"Harry, that's my mom."

"What?" His gaze finally falls on me and I bite my lip.

"Over there." I point out a table across the room quickly, not wanting to draw attention.

"Are you sure?" He asks quizzically, stroking my hand from across the table in an attempt to soothe me.

"Yes," I finally breathe out, after examining the woman, "But she looks very different."

I look at my mother from afar, her previously brown messy hair, now lays straight on her head and is a bright blonde color. Her face is covered in make up, which surprisingly doesn't look whorish like before. I'm taken aback by her appearance, she really does look different, almost unrecognizable, but I'd always recognize her. She is my mother, after all.

"Should I go talk to her?" The words leave my mouth before I can stop my self.

"I don't know if that's a good idea love, especially after earlier." He replies, "I don't want to control you, but you're very emotional right now." He finishes.

Before I can stop myself, I'm up from my chair and making my way towards my mother's table. As I get closer, I realize she's not alone, but with a man who looks very wealthy himself.

I find myself stood right in front of my mother and the man she's with.

"Mom?" The word slips from my mouth and my eyes widen as I look at her, really taking her appearance now. She looks beautiful.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" She responds and I'm at a loss for words.

"W..what?" I question, trying to keep a steady grip on reality.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have a daughter." She shrugs, awkwardly looking over at her date.

"Yes, you do! I'm right here." I shout suddenly, filling with anger.

"You must be mistaken. I'm sorry, but I don't have any children." She seethes out, her own face holding anger now.

"Are you kidding me?!" I growl, "after everything that happened, you're going to pretend like you have no idea who I am? For what? To impress some rich piece of shit?" I finish, not boiling with anger and frustration.

"Ma'am, is there a problem?" A staff member from the restaurant walks up to me, concern in his eyes.

"No." I roll my eyes, "no problem here, at all."

"Fuck you." I spit at my mother.

"Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to leave if you don't calm down, you're disturbing our other guest."

"Fine. I'll leave." I huff out and roll my eyes.

As the staff member begins to escort me towards the exit, we pass Harry and he quickly gets up from the the table and ends up by my side.

"I've got it from here." Harry says protectively, clutching my hand.

********

As soon as we get into the car, tears flow from eyes and down my cheeks.

"Why would she act like that?" I choke out, my voice coming out just above a whisper, "I just can't believe that."

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry." He softly speaks in response, soothing me with his gentle voice.

"Everything will be okay." He lulls, stroking my hand as we sit in the parking lot of the restaurant.

"I'm going to get us home now, baby, just try to relax while I drive." Harry says as he starts the car and begins to drive us home.

*****

When we make it home, Harry starts a bath for me and helps me in, telling me it'll help me calm myself down.

After sitting in the tub for a few minutes, I feel myself finally calm a bit, which is nice. Today has been a lot to handle and I don't know if I can take much more. I let myself soak in the bath for almost an hour, until the water runs cold and I decide it's time to get out. I wrap my hair in a towel and myself in the white robe hanging on the back of the door.

"Harry?" I question as I walk out of the bathroom.

"I'm in my office, love." I hear him shout from a few doors down.

I make my way to his office and sit myself on the couch in the room.

"Whatcha working on?" I question.

"Just my next novel, I need to get it out before the deadline, next month." He responds, glancing up from his laptop for a moment.

"What's it about?" I ask, his writing peeking my interest.

"It's just a murder mystery, people seem to eat those up." He chuckles in response.

I smile, I do enjoy a good murder mystery novel. I enjoy reading in general honestly, so it makes me happy that Harry enjoys being a writer. Since I've been living with him, I've gotten the opportunity to read a few of his writings before they've gotten published, and he's very good at what he does. I wish I had talent like that.

"So, when do you think you want to start your therapy?" He questions, closing his laptop finally.

"Maybe later this week, we'll have to find an office and everything." I sigh, thinking about talking to a stranger about my issues is a bit stressful, but it's necessary.

"I'm sure we can find a great office, I think Bella goes to therapy, maybe I could talk to Lou about it, if that's alright." He smiles.

"Really? I never would've expected that, she seems so well put together!" I reply.

"Well, everyone has a past princess. Some people choose to put a front on."

"That's true I suppose." I hum in response.

"Do you want to have a movie night with daddy? We can watch whatever you want baby." Harry says and I blush, nodding my head.

"That sounds really fun, let's watch tangled!" I smile, letting myself feel small.