e l e v e n

Harry

I'm so fucked; I knew I shouldn't have agreed to watch Grace. I can't resist her, though I know I should. I shouldn't be here with a 18-year-old sat on my lap, but I can't change anything now.

"What's going on here?" I hear charlie's familiar voice say, his tone sounding serious.

"I uh. I can explain.." I say, my eyes focusing on anything but Charlie's face. He's so pissed.

Grace climbs off my lap, causing me to let out a sound groan. I cough, attempting to cover it up as I glance toward the lovely little girl on my right. I turn my head, only for it to be met with a sharp slap. I wince, my fingers running over the heated area of my face.

"What the hell was that for?" I glare, only to be cut off.

"Get out. Right now. Get the hell out of my house." Charlie shouts, and I glance over at Grace as she cowers away from his loud voice.

My hand rests on her leg for a moment in an attempt to subtly comfort her. I slowly pull it away, standing to my feet. As I face Charlie, he seems to tower over me, unlike any other time. I am not afraid.

"Go." He snarls, gritting his teeth as I walk by.

I push past him, my shoulder roughly crashing into his as I make my way through the door.

Grace

my phone buzzes on my desk and I glance over my eyes scanning the message.

12:03AM

Harry: I'm sorry all of that happened tonight, are you doing okay?

I sigh, deciding not to answer. I need time to think, so much has happened.

********

Weeks have passed, and I haven't seen Harry. My aunt won't even lets me leave the house anymore. She says she doesn't trust me anymore.

I can't handle being locked inside this damn house any longer; I need to interact with other people besides Charlie and Clare. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I've got to get out of here.